Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 01/15/2019 in all areas

  1. 2 points

    Personal Messages

    Just letting readers know that I will not respond to unsolicited personal messages, if you don't contribute (ie post the questions first) to the forum I will not answer your questions via personal message. If you wish to ask a question via personal message, ask first in the in forum and I may direct you to message me personally if need be or if you request, but all contact must be made via the open forum. Kind regards Nightcall.
  2. 1 point
    Just another correction here; Thailand doesn't have de facto laws and a de-facto relationship isn't recognised under Thai law. Village weddings aren't legally binding in anyway under law unless registered at the local Amphur, although they are excepted culturally. For references see here ประมวลกฎหมายแพ่งและพาณิชย์ มาตรา ๑๔๕๘ http://library2.parliament.go.th/library/content_law/15.pdf A village wedding is recognised as proof of a de facto relationship in Australia. (as long as you meet the other requirements)
  3. 1 point
    Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three rights make a left. That's about as close as I get to golfing and very apt for this thread. 🙂
  4. 1 point
    Not really, it has nothing to do with rates or taxes on the property nor deeds or ownership, it simply states who lives at the property. It's used for a number of different and interesting purposes but nothing like what you have described.
  5. 1 point
    You have done a pretty good job at explaining it in very general terms, but just a few corrections. It doesn't identify the owner of a house, it identifies the house 'holder' (the first person listed in the book) and people that 'reside' at that house. It is not a title deed for the property in anyway, nor does it state that it is, titles for property are completely separate documents to a Tabien Baan. Also its not the only official record of ones residential address, a Thai ID card also covers this. That's incorrect, they have the full address of the person and have done so since the updated version of the card that was introduced in 1987. A Thai Birth certificate is perfectly valid on its own, it's just most times they need a Birth certificate they also need the Tabien Baan, but not always. A Thai can only be listed in one Tabien Baan at a time, even if they own multiple properties. They can transfer their name from Tabien Baan to another Tabien Baan but can only ever be in one book at a time. It's not as simple as this, they may not be able to produce it (or refuse) because they don't have access to it. To transfer from one Tabien Baan to another isn't overly hard if the parties agree but its a process especially transferring to a different province. If the parties don't agree its next to impossible without knowing the 'right people'. I can post up the process if people want to know. Also the 'Holder' may not want to give it to them etc. Children aren't listed as such (as in whose children they are) or relationship between people as they don't need to be related to be in the Tabien Baan, it just lists residents of the house, although it does list the individuals parents first name in their entry. As I said above it doesn't list relationship or relationship status (except for parents first name), so won't show if the people in the book are married or not.
  6. 1 point
    Yes. When submitting the sponsorship it will prompt you by asking the primary applicants date of birth and the application ID number.
  7. 1 point

    ETA - Partner

    AFV, Thank you for the lightning quick response, you have put my muddled mind at ease. Such a relief. We have been together almost three years and have compiled a bunch of evidence to prove our relationship so hopefully that will be sufficient...fingers crossed. Once more you have my upmost thanks. I'll be sure to recommend your site to my friends here and I'm positive I will lean on your knowledge in the future once we begin the partner visa process. Have a wonderful weekend Resident
  8. 1 point
    First of all, to apply for a partner visa in Australia (subclass 820 & 801) you must be physically present in Australia at the time of application. You must also hold a substantive visa which does not have the Condition 8503 attached to it. Check the condition of your current visitor visa to see whether it has Condition 8503 attached. When applying in Australia, assuming you are able to, you will be granted a Bridging Visa A automatically after you make a valid partner visa application. However, the Bridging Visa A will not become active until your current substantive visa (your visitor visa) finishes. The Bridging Visa A allows you to remain lawfully in Australia until a decision is made on your partner visa application. The Bridging Visa A does not allow you to return to Australia if you depart. For this, you will need a Bridging Visa B which you will need to apply for.
  9. 1 point
    People don't get rejected for innocent mistakes, they get refused for not meeting the criteria for the visa they have applied for. Some people launch into a visa application without doing any background research. These are generally the ones that are refused. You mentioned that you are going to apply for a de facto partner visa? Are you aware of the factors that are taken into consideration (applicant, sponsor, relationship etc) when assessing an application based on a de facto relationship? If the answer is yes, then you would probably have a very good chance of doing the application yourself. It is certainly not rocket science, but it can be a minefield at times.
  10. 1 point
    As he is a citizen then no worries.
  11. 1 point
    No need for your passive aggressiveness, if I am wrong, please supply the regulation or policy to show this, as I welcome the opportunity to learn and have my views questioned and challenged. But how about you desist with this childish petulance.
  12. 1 point
    There is no requirement to have a return ticket and it's not grounds alone for a refused entry, you just need to be able to demonstrate that you will return, and a ticket is an easy way.
  13. 1 point
    Just correcting this information, both parents with parental consent are required to sign the passport application in person at the passport office or the absent parent can sign a statement giving permission at the local Amphur office. As the parents weren't legally married, the father doesn't have parental consent to grant under Thai law, So the mother with an ID card showing 'Miss' and Por Kor 14 can get the passport alone. Its all explained here in point 1.2 http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/files/Manual PP/2561-09-05-under20-merge-1_0.pdf but its in Thai. It's not theoretical, it's fact and clearly stated in the above document.
  14. 1 point
    Hi countryjoe, Just to make things clear, if you are married and want to get a divorce in Thailand, you have to appear in person. My post before was in regards to a Thai lawyer finding out if your are legally married or not. Divorce if your wife agrees is pretty simple and straight forward (but you both need to be in Thailand and appear together), but if she doesn't agree with the divorce you will need a lawyer and it will involve court appearance etc Also be aware that assets and property acquired during marriage are commonly considered community property with both spouses having ownership rights. The rules regarding division of property are complex and the Thai Courts will divide the property according to the law and individual facts of the case. Debts incurred during the marriage, whether they are household, medical, or educational, are normally the responsibility of both parties.
  15. 1 point
    To check if the marriage was registered in the Amphur office (district office) the easiest way would be to front up and check or ask your girlfriend to go check (they may or may not tell her). It has to be the district office the marriage took place at I believe. The other way is to hire a Thai lawyer to do it for you. If it was registered then you should remember, because its a involved process and something you should not have forgotten about. You have to get paperwork from the Australian Embassy, then translated, then endorsed by the Thai MFA, then front up at the Amphur Office in person and do the paper work. If legally married in Thailand you can get a divorce in Australia, but its harder and I think you will have no chance getting it done before December, given you lack of knowledge of marriage status and therefore lack of documents, and the process you have to go though. Here is a link to the requirements http://www.familylawcourts.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/FLC/Home/Separation+and+Divorce/Divorce/ Taken from the above website I married overseas – can I get a divorce in Australia? If you were married overseas, you can apply for a divorce in Australia if either you or your spouse: regard Australia as your home and intend to live indefinitely in Australia are an Australian citizen or resident, or are an Australia citizen by birth or descent are an Australia citizen by grant of an Australia citizenship ordinarily live in Australia and have done so for 12 months immediately before filing for divorce. You must provide the Court with a copy of your marriage certificate. If your marriage certificate is not in English, you need to file: an English translation of it, and an affidavit from the translator which: states his or her qualifications to translate attaches a copy of the marriage certificate attaches the translated marriage certificate states that the translation is an accurate translation of the marriage certificate, and states that the attached copy of the marriage certificate is a true copy of the marriage certificate translated. More information can be found in the Affidavit translation of marriage certificate form under the Forms section of this website. I can’t find my spouse to serve a divorce application, what do I do? If you have made a sole application, you need to serve the divorce application on your spouse. If you have taken all reasonable steps to serve your divorce application on your spouse and you are unable to do so, you can apply to the Court for: substituted service, or dispensation of service.