Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Nightcall

  1. Nightcall

    Visa options to PR HELP?!

    No sorry I don't see any other visa options, but consider what I have said, if what you have said is true, there is family violence provisions within your current visa. Your partner is committing family violence if they are using your visa status to control you. Family violence is not always physical, in fact mental abuse can be and is often far more damaging. It's a very 'hot topic' in Australia at this point, I still strongly suggest you seek support from organisations that specialise in this, even for a informal chat. Please don't assume your therapist knowns of these options.
  2. Nightcall

    Visa options to PR HELP?!

    Sorry to tell you this, but it's not the case, marriage, kids or a visa doesn't fix underlying issues. IMHO your partner using the visa against you is abuse, and not what someone who truly loves you would do. They can dislike, argue, disagree, be angry etc with you as much as they want that's normal, but once they use something as important as a visa to control you it becomes abuse. It's the power imbalance that's the key here. As I said above, please contact a support agency even just for a chat.
  3. Nightcall

    Visa options to PR HELP?!

    If it's being used as a control issue, it's classed as abuse. I would still recommend you contact the support services to discuss the issues you may have, even to just get it of your chest as such. Have a read of the website I linked too, lots of good information on it. You may not want to hear it at this stage, but I will say it anyway, to be thinking how you are and to ask the questions you have on a forum, I believe you know how you are being treated isn't right. Please consider getting help. More than happy to help with any visa questions, but your safety both mental and physical is far more important.
  4. No need for your passive aggressiveness, if I am wrong, please supply the regulation or policy to show this, as I welcome the opportunity to learn and have my views questioned and challenged. But how about you desist with this childish petulance.
  5. Travel itinerary, what you intend to do in Australia, where you are going to stay etc. Reason to return to Brazil (or leave Australia), ie family, job, property, onward travel Banks statements showing income (at least 12 months), with you pay from your employment going in. Stable employment (ie evidence that you have been working there for a period of time and that you will return) Proof of where savings have come from, ie don't have large amount of unexplained deposits.
  6. Just letting readers know that I will not respond to unsolicited personal messages, if you don't contribute (ie post the questions first) to the forum I will not answer your questions via personal message. If you wish to ask a question via personal message, ask first in the in forum and I may direct you to message me personally if need be or if you request, but all contact must be made via the open forum. Kind regards Nightcall.
  7. Nightcall

    My tourist visa application was refused 2 times

    Thank you for posting the above information @Jerony9, but as @AFV we need the above question answered also. On the face it I agree with your agent, they are being unreasonable, but without seeing your complete application its only an assumption. Some more questions ( I know it seems a lot, but we need as a complete picture of your circumstances as possible to assist) What visa did your wife and child apply for? guessing a ETA? Do you include there visa grants in your application? What commitment to returning to Japan do you provide? What family members are you leaving behind? How long have you been a resident of Japan? How long have you been employed by Uniqlo? Considering the paragraph about returning to Nigeria, I think it was a pointless comment to make, unless your PR in japan is in question? How did you apply, online or via Paper application?
  8. Nightcall

    Visa options to PR HELP?!

    I can't understand how it would be putting pressure on your relationship unless the sponsor was using it as domestic violence or control issue, if they are I suggest you contact one of these support agency's. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/find-help/support-services If you're in danger of physical violence call 000 and ask for the police. There are provisions with your visa that you may still be able to get PR without a sponsor if you are suffering domestic violence , but you need to take action to protect your safety foremost. I don't believe you can given your skills and occupation and the timeframes. I think you have miss the boat since the changes in 2017.
  9. Nightcall

    Visa options to PR HELP?!

    Seems we all asking similar questions at the same time @AFV @Aussie_83 馃槃
  10. Nightcall

    Visa options to PR HELP?!

    I have doubts about how genuine your relationship is if this is a concern. What visa are you current on. What visa were you before the bridging visa What countries passport do you hold? What is your current occupation/qualifications? I take it you wish to get PR on your own accord from your post, is this correct?
  11. Nightcall

    Page 12 of Visa 820 Application

    We need to know the actual offence, not a general area of offence. Without knowing this, it's impossible to answer your questions.
  12. Yes she will be able to use the tourist visa. For your information the current processing time for the visa is about 4 1/2 years and it costs $47,455 + a $10,000 bond. You must be outside Australia to apply and when/if its granted. Also due to your mother's diabetes I would look careful at the health requirements as she may (depending on the diabetes) not meet the health requirements.
  13. Nightcall

    My tourist visa application was refused 2 times

    Just adding to this, we need to know some more information. What was the reason it was refused the first time and the reason the second time? Also how did you address the first refusal? What did your agent say about the second refusal? Did you include evidence of the fact that your wife and daughter had been granted visas?
  14. I wouldn't say insist, more that they really like. What they like is that you can supply demonstrated evidence that you can support self or if someone is supporting you that you prove they can and have. Its OK for you to say that your family will support you but you need to provide evidence that they do or have done (a number of times) in the past. A simple statement saying they will isn't enough. What you don't want to do is show bank account with amounts that aren't in line with your job or social status, or with unexplained amounts being deposited.
  15. There is no requirement to have a return ticket and it's not grounds alone for a refused entry, you just need to be able to demonstrate that you will return, and a ticket is an easy way.
  16. Just correcting this information, both parents with parental consent are required to sign the passport application in person at the passport office or the absent parent can sign a statement giving permission at the local Amphur office. As the parents weren't legally married, the father doesn't have parental consent to grant under Thai law, So the mother with an ID card showing 'Miss' and Por Kor 14 can get the passport alone. Its all explained here in point 1.2 http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/files/Manual PP/2561-09-05-under20-merge-1_0.pdf but its in Thai. It's not theoretical, it's fact and clearly stated in the above document.
  17. Nightcall

    PCC for a Sponsor

    Yes you need to supply a National Police Certificate from the AFP.
  18. There are new waiting periods that apply since 1 January 2019 https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates Changes to waiting periods for migrants from 1 January 2019 Waiting times for new migrants to access certain Australian welfare payments have changed. Most migrants granted permanent residency from 1 January 2019 must wait up to four years before they can access certain welfare payments and concession cards. This period is called the Newly Arrived Resident鈥檚 Waiting Period (NARWP). The length of the NARWP varies depending on payment type. From 1 January 2019, it is: four years for working age payments (e.g. Newstart Allowance) and concession cards (e.g. the Low-Income Health Care Card) two years for Carer Payment two years for Parental Leave Pay and Dad and Partner Pay one year for Carer Allowance, and one year for Family Tax Benefit Part A, with no waiting period for Family Tax Benefit Part B. Only people granted a permanent visa, or temporary partner visa, on or after 1 January 2019 are affected by the new waiting periods. Migrants granted a permanent visa before 1 January 2019 are not affected and are subject to the previous rules of a two year NARWP for certain payments. People on a Special Category Visa, Remaining Relative or Orphan Relative visas are also excluded from these changes and will continue to be subject to the previous waiting period rules. A range of exemptions will be maintained to enable appropriate protections for potentially vulnerable migrants
  19. Nightcall

    Resident Return Visa For Child

    You can apply for RRV for your child. Your compelling reasons that your child can't come to Australia if they get the RRV are in my opinion not compelling at all, in fact they work against you. It seems that you are just trying to maintain PR for your child without them living in Australia. Australia has far stronger and better enforced child protection laws then India, so I don't give much credence to your compelling reasons argument.
  20. Not sure where you have been for the last 30 years, but it's still is called 'Royal Assent', suggest you have a read of the Australian Constitution. The Governor General 'Assent' a Bill in the Queen's name, at his discretion, but subject to the Constitution. He also can do a number of other things with the Bill, but its still 'Royal Assent' The Harare Declaration is nothing more than a voluntary agreement, it by its very nature can not override Australia's (or any countries) laws or Constitution. Oh and by the way, Australia became an independent nation in 1901 not 1991. You may be getting confused with the Australia Act and State based 'Royal Assent'.
  21. Nightcall

    Lifting 3 year ban from Australia

    They is no standard definition of what compassionate and compelling circumstances are as such, its looked at case by case. What reasons does she have why it should be waived?
  22. You haven鈥檛 read the whole thing, you need to read the information very carefully as it can be confusing, in fact you are reading the wrong part. You asked if your parents or uncle can be the sponsor. To be a sponsor; You must be the applicant's near relative or relative (the applicant is your husband) Near relative is : 路 parent or step-parent of the applicant 路 partner's parent or step-parent of the applicant 路 sibling or step-sibling of the applicant 路 child or stepchild who is 18 or older and not dependent on you of the applicant 路 child or stepchild who is under 18 and not in your or your partner's daily care and control of the applicant A relative is: 路 your partner, child, parent, brother, sister, stepchild, step-parent, stepbrother or stepsister of the applicant 路 your grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or step equivalent of the applicant You meet the definition of relative (of the applicant) Your parents meet the definition of Near relative (of the applicant), Your uncle/s don鈥檛 meet the definition of either. So far this means your parents can be the sponsor, but they must meet this next condition also. The Sponsor (your parents), or a family member who lives with them (you if you live with them), must be assessed by Bupa Medical Visa Services as having a medical condition which meets the requirements. Hence why it requires that you live with them. A carers 836 visa is a very hard and complex visa to apply for and get, it鈥檚 not meant for people trying to circumvent the partner visa application fee which is what you are trying to do. It鈥檚 not the appropriate visa for you and your husband to be applying for and it would be ill-advised to do so.
  23. Yes they do, https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/carer-836#Eligibility
  24. Nightcall

    Lifting 3 year ban from Australia

    Immigration will not remove a re-entry ban, but you can ask to set it aside if you apply for a new temporary visa, beware that you need compassionate or compelling circumstances for it to be put aside. From here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/entering-australia/can-i-go-to-australia/re-entry-ban Explain to us, in writing, why we should put the ban aside. You must show us that there are compassionate or compelling circumstances to put aside your re-entry ban and grant you the visa. If you can't, we will refuse your application. Submit your written explanation to us when you lodge your visa application. You can also submit it after you apply but before we make a decision. You must still meet the visa's other eligibility criteria, including our health and character requirements.