Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Bridge last won the day on October 15

Bridge had the most liked content!

About Bridge

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

340 profile views
  1. You want to be able to show to the Department that you known known your girlfriend for a long enough period of time so that your letter of support can have weight attached to it. You mentioned that you have been supporting her financially. Do you have evidence of money transfers? You have visited her twice in Thailand. Your entry and exist stamps to Thailand. Quality photos together. By this I mean photos with both of you in them at different settings and place, with friends and family members etc. 50 photos of your girlfriend doing her hair in the mirror are not quality photos. I am sure you get the picture.
  2. At the end of the day, it is your application, your decision. As AFV has said, the $7160 visa fee is not refundable if the application has been refused.
  3. You need to be certain that you meet the criteria as of date of application (I am assuming de facto). "wet many times and spent time together, 3 weeks every visit. we met 5 times" doesn't instill confidence in me that you satisfy the criteria. You might want to look at: One-year relationship requirement for De Facto partners
  4. Bridge

    Uploading documents for Partner Visa 820

    Upload to the category that best describes the document you are uploading. Some descriptions are self-explanatory, for example, "Form 888 Statutory declaration by a supporting witness in relation to a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa application" If you are not sure, you always have the option to upload under additional documents/other documents
  5. Firstly, you can check your current visa status on VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online). You still hold a substantive visa, being the working holiday visa. The Bridging Visa A will not become active until that visa ends. If your working holiday visa allows you to travel, then you can travel on that visa. If your substantive visa ends while you are outside Australia and you do not hold a Bridging visa B, you will need to apply for and be granted a substantive visa before you can return to Australia. There is no guarantee that you will be granted a visa.
  6. Bridge

    Partner Visa 309, Staying Overseas

    The subclass 309 temporary partner visa is valid until a decision is made on the permanent partner visa (subclass 100). The visa holder is eligible to be assessed for the permanent partner visa 2 years after they applied for the temporary partner visa. Additional documents/evidence needs to be provided for this assessment.
  7. Bridge

    Partner Visa 309, Staying Overseas

    There is no problem IMHO with being outside of Australia during the time on the subclass 309. Many people are in this position due to their partners working overseas for example. The Migration Regulations provide that the visa holder (subclass 309) can be in or outside of Australia at the time of the grant of the permanent visa (subclass 100). As Aussie_83 has said, living separately can question the genuineness of the relationship.
  8. There are no travel restrictions on the subclass 820 partner visa. The time outside of Australia will not affect her waiting period for permanent residency.
  9. Bridge

    Advice on partner visa

    Definitely not a good idea to leave without applying for and being granted a Bridging Visa B. He will not be able to return to Australia unless he applies for and is granted another substantive visa. If he needs to travel due to a family emergency, it would be possible to approach the Department and request that the Bridging Visa B be expedited. Of course you would typically need to provide evidence of this.
  10. Bridge

    IMMI online application difficulty

    There is nothing wrong with writing "please refer to applicant and sponsors personal relationship statements" in each other the box. Then writing and uploading those to the online application.
  11. Bridge

    IMMI online application difficulty

    If you haven't submitted your wife's application yet (47SP) where did you get the TRN from that you used for the first question on the 40SP? Have you started the 47SP but nut submitted. I think @Aussie_83 is on the money. The partner visa application needs to be submitted before you can progress on the sponsorship.
  12. Bridge

    Prospective marriage visa questions

    This is a popular pathway used to get into the system, but it can backfire terribly. If either applicant and sponsor are still legally married at date of application, I would recommend delaying the application until after they are divorced. When we first started the forum, we had a member who was separated, but not yet divorced from his wife in Australia. He was engaged to be married and applied for the PMV. Prior to lodging his application he had actually emailed the then Department of Immigration at the Australian Embassy Bangkok and asked whether it was possible to convert to the partner visa after he was divorced and then subsequently married but before the PMV was granted. He received a response (this was when they actually took time to respond) that it was perfectly permissible, and that he should keep the case officer up to date. No long afterwards he received notification that they were ready to finalise the PMV application and that he needed to provide copy of his divorce certificate to show that there was no legal impediment to marrying (a time of decision criteria to grant the PMV). His divorce was still months away for finality. Despite protesting, and forwarding the correspondence he had received from the Australian Embassy Bangkok, they refused the PMV. They told him that if he reapplied, he could make representations for his next application to be receive priority processing.
  13. Bridge

    Prospective marriage visa questions

    The current partner visa fee, whether onshore of offshore is $7160. This is the base application charge and does not include any secondary applicants. The current prospective marriage fee is also $7160. Also base application charge, and does not include any secondary applicants. The prospective marriage visa also requires the visa holder to then apply for the onshore partner visa after the marriage has taken place within the required period. This then requires an additional fee for the partner visa (subclass 820 and 801), which as AFV has said, is currently $1195. Partner visa - subclass 309 and subclass 100. Base fee $7160 Partner visa - subclass 820 and subclass 801. Base fee $7160 Prospective marriage visa - subclass 300. Base fee $7160 > Partner visa - subclass 820 and 801. Base fee $1195
  14. I note that on your refusal notice it ddi state that your decision is available to be reviewed. This would be by the Administrative Appeal Tribunal. This seems to be a little bit confusing, as generally a subclass 600 refusal requires an approved sponsor, such as a parent, spouse, family member etc. I would suggest calling the AAT on Monday morning and seeking clarification. The number for anywhere in Australia is 1800 228 333.