Berserk

Remaining Relatives Visa 835 - Bva Passed Medical

Hello,

I'm currently waiting for my remaining relative visa to be approved (It's been 7 months and onshore application. people say it can take decades).

My parent, brother, sister, nephew and niece are all Australian citizens.

While on the wait, DIBP granted me a bridging visa A in which i'm not allowed to work.

2 months ago DIBP requested my medical check result (from BUPA) and police record from my country of origin. There has been no other request from them eversince.

I have recently re-applied for work permit after i got rejected 5 months ago (DIBP said i did not demonstrate my financial hardship).

My questions are:

1. After undergoing my medical assesment, what will be the next process and how long normally from the time DIBP received my medical result?

2. Is it possible to get my work permit approved after second application?

I hope someone can help me with the answer. Thank you.

Remaining Relative Visa's are very unpredictable in processing times, but usually its a long wait.

To your questions;

1. After the medical you wait.  IMMI will process things and if they need more information they will write to you.  Medicals happen in the earlier part of such visa's, do not assume its a sign of the end is near.  But your application is progressing.
  2. With all your family here, IMMI will expect them to help you financially, so proving hardship will be hard.  Re-apply and make sure you really demonstrate that the family is struggling to support you (with reason).  I dont know the thresholds for 'hardship' on a RRV.  BUt a good application with new information may grant you a work permit.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.