Run Out Of Time?

6 replies to this topic

#1 montventous

montventous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

I met my  now wife whilst she was studying at TAFE in Australia. On the advice of an immigration agent, we married Jan 5th this year. My wife is applying for her 820 visa online but is required to supply police clearance from her home country and an Australian Federal Police Clearance.

She called me today to explain that her police clearance can only be applied for in person, her parents cannot apply on her behalf in her own country. The Australian NPC shouldn't be an issue as she has her passport herewith her and has bank accounts in Australia and our marriage certificate.

The thing is her student visa expires February 14th 2018.........I fear that we have left it too late to apply online for her 820 visa. I am trying to convince her that we should spend the money for an immigration agent to try and expediate the process but my heart is sinking fast. 

Anyone able to shed any light on how to speed up the process or have we left it too late?

#2 PissLUR

PissLUR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

you can still apply with minimum evidences and supply all supporting documents on a later date. as long as you have the money to pay for the application fee and a current valid Australian visa.

they wont even look at your application for the next 6-9 months. you've got plenty of time to fulfill all requirements.

#3 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

just for clarity, how long have you been together? was the agent AMARA agent?
it is actually recommended to not include police checks first up, especially with the 820, as they are only valid for 12 months, as with the medical.
which process are you talking about speeding up?

As pisslur said not everything has to be done at the of submission, the core should be such as id ect, but with some new changes you should upload the rest within a month. the new changes reaffirm that they don't have to contact you for further detail and can make a decision with what you have provided.

#4 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

also which country is she from?

#5 montventous

montventous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

We have been exclusively together for 15 months but known each other since July 2015. She is from the Czech Republic.

Our concern is that come Feb 14th, her student visa will expire and she will need to leave Australia immediately. If she doesn't leave, she will effectively be residing here without a valid visa and when deported won't be able to return for 3 years?

#6 PissLUR

PissLUR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

We have been exclusively together for 15 months but known each other since July 2015. She is from the Czech Republic.

Our concern is that come Feb 14th, her student visa will expire and she will need to leave Australia immediately. If she doesn't leave, she will effectively be residing here without a valid visa and when deported won't be able to return for 3 years?

she will be granted a bridging visa A to live and work in Australia for an indefinite period of time after lodging the 820 partner visa.

however, if she wants to leave the country, bridging visa B is required to reenter the country and back to bridging visa A.

#7 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

odd it reckons you can give someone authority
if they have an embassy here might be worth contacting them.
://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/czech-republic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users