Razzie

Subclass 600 Visitor (Sponsored Family) Tourist Visa Refused

Hi, 

I joined this forum hoping to find some advice on how to proceed with a visa refusal. I am so distraught right now as this refusal upsets all our plans!

I have been living in Australia for the past two years on a PR. We applied for sponsored family tourist visas for my mother and brother in December 2017 to have a family holiday during 2018. My brother's visa was refused.

The reasons given in the refusal letter are the standard reasons I have seen in many threads in these forums.

I know that we may not have built a strong case indicating reasons for my brother to return home. We only submitted the same documents we submitted for my mother. We should have realized that my brother is young and his case should have to be stronger.

Can someone please advise on how I should go about reapplying? How else can I prove this is a genuine temporary stay? Is there a format to make a submission on the points raised in the refusal letter? I don't want to get rejected a second time. My poor mother is so sad and worried that she will not be able to visit me either.

All documents we have submitted indicate we are law abiding citizens holding responsible positions in society. Why would we want to tarnish our good name by trying to overstay a visitor visa? It's very disappointing how the immigration officers cannot distinguish genuine cases from the fraudulent ones. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi, I'm from the Philippines and got my visa denied just last week. 

Can I still reapply if the reason given was below?

Based on information and documents, the applicant has been employed as an independent
contractor with (home based job) since December 2017. However, I have concerns that her
employment may not provide sufficient incentive to induce her to return to the Philippines
within the validity of her visa. I have considered the offer of support provided by her friend
in Australia. Generally, however, offers of support or guarantees given by family and friends
in Australia are not sufficient evidence of a genuine temporary stay. The onus is on the
applicant to satisfy the decision maker that the applicant intends only to stay temporarily in
Australia.
I am not satisfied that the applicant’s personal circumstances support her claims that she
intends to temporarily stay in Australia as a visitor. Therefore, I find that she does not meet
clause 600.211.

Hi, I'm from the Philippines and got my visa denied just last week. 

Can I still reapply if the reason given was below?

Based on information and documents, the applicant has been employed as an independent
contractor with (home based job) since December 2017. However, I have concerns that her
employment may not provide sufficient incentive to induce her to return to the Philippines
within the validity of her visa. I have considered the offer of support provided by her friend
in Australia. Generally, however, offers of support or guarantees given by family and friends
in Australia are not sufficient evidence of a genuine temporary stay. The onus is on the
applicant to satisfy the decision maker that the applicant intends only to stay temporarily in
Australia.
I am not satisfied that the applicant’s personal circumstances support her claims that she
intends to temporarily stay in Australia as a visitor. Therefore, I find that she does not meet
clause 600.211.

This is the standard and 'classic' reply that DIBP gives when they feel that there is a high risk of a person from a economically poorer country, seeking entry into Australia.

Unfortunately, thousands of visitors each year promise to stay for just the visa period, but drop off the radar and overstay, earning money for their family overseas.  When 'illegal' visitors do this, they are often forced into 'cash' jobs, for less than regular wages, with no workers rights, protection or support.  Usually for fear of being found and deported.

This has created a sad but epidemic 'slave' labour market, exploited by effectively criminal employers.  Most at risk are women working in the hospitality, sex, massage and beauty industries, and men working in low skilled manual labour and construction jobs.

People say its their choice and what does it matter.  Because of our OH&S and Workplace laws, who protect any person regardless of visa status (people first), when these exploited individuals suffer an workplace accident, they are uninsured, so the Government, aka us taxpayers, foot the bill for their medical and rehabilitation costs.  Or worse, their accident is not reported, and they go without basic medical treatment and help.  Unlike the USA, no one will be turned away from a hospital, ever.  People first, money second.

Secondly, these scumbag criminal employers, exploiting these illegals, do so for personal profit.  But as long as there is a pool of illegals eager to work for cash, off the books, these employers will take them in.

Hence, DIBP and Government policy is to curb the flow of potential illegals, regardless how unfair it may be sometimes.

A large portion of DIBP resources is devoted to weeding out potential illegals, when it could be used to hasten the genuine migration applicants.

<RANT_OVER>  LOL

The chances of being granted visitor visas for siblings or nieces/nephews out of Manila is 50/50. 

It used to be a good strategy to re-qpply addressing the reasons for refusal, but Manila, having refused once, is increasingly inclined to continue refusing.

Parents and partners are usually ok.

A family sponsored refusal is reviewable.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:11 PM, JAVED AKHTAR said:

hello 

im from india 
and got refusel of tourist visa 

can anyone help me in this 

Javed, 

You need to tell us why it was refused.  Cut and Paste the full letter from Immi here and we can advise you more.  Obviously blank out personal information.