Jump to content

- - - - -

Onshore Partner Visa From Tourist Visa

1 reply to this topic

#1 dondons1uk



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:13 AM



I have a valid tourist visa subclass 651 with no restriction on further stay.


We are considering moving to Australia and need to move this summer - therefore there is no time to apply offshore.  My spouse is Australian.  We live in the UK.


I need to apply onshore.


I don't understand how I can do that without breaching conditions of tourist visa as I know I'll be entering to apply for a further visa as opposed to entering just for a holiday....


Is this common and I'm worrying for nothing? 


Or do I need to come out ahead of time, on holiday, be sure I want to live there, and then apply whilst on holiday?


I don't want to get this wrong!


Second question is when does the 651 expire and the BVA kick in - is it 3 months from when I enter given that this is the maximum time can stay on 651, or is it when the 12 months entirely ends (i.e. the 651 is valid for 12 months and I can do multiple trips).


Just to clarify when I applied for the 651 we were genuinely just visiting family.... the decision to move there has been made after that trip!


Any advice or experience anyone or anyone recommend a good immigration lawyer to help!





#2 PissLUR


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

after 3 months continuous stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users