Jump to content

- - - - -

Confused About Bridging Visa A (Wa) From A Tourist Visa

partner visa

1 reply to this topic

#1 mappy



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

Hi all - we just had a bridging visa A (class WA) granted while we wait on our partner visa application. The bridging visa becomes active when his substantive tourist visa expires - we are not clear, though, on whether that means he has to leave the country one more time on his tourist visa (which is a 12-month visa requiring him to leave every three months), or if he can just stay in Australia and let the tourist visa lapse? We don't want him to accidentally become illegal! We would also like ot apply for him to have the right to work while we wait on a partner visa decision... anyone else been through the same?

#2 Aussie_83



  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

it's when the 3 months end. if he exits and enters again then the 3 months resets.
if you read the bridging visa conditions you will find there is no work restrictions so he can work once it is active.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partner visa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users