Rocketrod666

Thailand Partner Visa Offshore To Australia.

September 2017, my wife and I finally submitted our Offshore partner partne visa. We married October 2016 in Thailand. After being 6 years In a relationship, her travelling 13 trips to Australia, and 7 trips for me there, happy times and plenty memories with all our friends and families, it was time to step up too the next level.

Submitted ImmiAccount Application Sept 2017, and im patiently waiting. I anticipate some questions from case manager in the next coming months. Patience is the key. In the meantime, she's coming here every few months once accumulates annual leave for a week or two.

Anyone's else patiently waiting for Thailand Offshore partner visa entry to Australia?

You have the right attitude, the time will pass quickly.  If you have been assigned a case manager then your on the homeward run.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Partner visa Progress Update:

September 2017 Submitted Parner visa offshore Bangkok

October 2017: Parner Requested to attend for Medicals and biometrics

March 2018:

1. Partner requested to provide Thai National Police check vi email.

2. Sponsor requested to provide Australians federal Police check transcript (though I already submitted it originally) via email.

Sounds like we’re getting momentum.

Definitely, these are all the usual steps.  Your on your way.

Get her onto the Royal Thai PCC ASAP, they can take a while.  Be sure she gets a receipt proving she has applied for the PCC, as proof to IMMI if there is a delay, as there often is.  Applying in Bangkok at Police HQ, is always much faster.

Just remind and remind her to always be 100% truthful, regardless.  As you know we value honesty over mis-deeds.  The Thai sometimes don't understand that and will hide 'embarrassing' facts.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

and it's usually stupid crap we don't care about!

Could not have said it any better.  Probably one of the most significant and troublesome aspects of Aussie/Thai cultural differences.

Disclaimer:

Applied offshore 309-100 paper application vfs Bangkok July 2017

Requested police checks, medicals and additional information about the relationship since the application 2nd feb 2018

submitted additional information 15th Feb 2018, medicals included one dependant child included in application

now playing the waiting game again.

only automated responses from immigration ("Hi there we got your mail. due to large number of emails we will not respond if you can find the answer to your query in the attached link").

very much a case of give us what we asked for and go away until we are good and ready to talk to you again.

makes it impossible to plan anything.

not to easy to find anything on visa grants and timelines so hoping to see more on here.

please post your timelines

Definitely, these are all the usual steps. Your on your way.

Get her onto the Royal Thai PCC ASAP, they can take a while. Be sure she gets a receipt proving she has applied for the PCC, as proof to IMMI if there is a delay, as there often is. Applying in Bangkok at Police HQ, is always much faster.

Just remind and remind her to always be 100% truthful, regardless. As you know we value honesty over mis-deeds. The Thai sometimes don't understand that and will hide 'embarrassing' facts.

Checks completed and documents sent via Thai post.

Total: 7 days.

got a call from case officer last week, she said she didn't get documents that were sent via email.  she was okay about it but has asked for everything again. another 28 days 

I did an online application for my wife and also posted hard copies of the documents and a thumb drive with all the electronic documents, thinking that it would be handy for whoever was processing the application.

They posted it all back because I'd made an online application and not a paper application .....

'They' also later asked for copies of documents that had already been supplied.

In this case it is not advisable to say 'I sent them already you dimwits' but instead to just calmly supply the documents requested.

They've got it, I want it, so they have the power.

A tip with getting documents out of Thailand, DONT use Royal Thai Post, drop into a Fedex or DHL outlet and spend the extra BAHT.

Thai Mail is notoriously unreliable for international service

Disclaimer:

I'm curious to know what percentage of 309 / 100 visas are done by applicants alone, and how many by visa agents and immigration lawyers.

I'm guessing 30 / 70.

not sure sorry. i did read somwhere that DIY is increasing though due the overall costs

my wife and i did our own

The percentage of do it yourself is increasing for a couple of reasons;

1. The awareness of fake agents is increasing
  2. Agents are getting stupid expensive
  3. Online applications are becoming more and more available to a larger number of countries
  4. The process (particularly online) is getting simpler

A 309/100 is relatively easy to do yourself.  IMMI provide several help booklets, and there is a lot of information in this forum. Always validate anyones advice, and the requirements change often.

Doing it online is the best way if you can.

MARA Registered agents will offer great assistance when you case may be complex or special, i.e;

• There are problems with the character test (criminal record, past trouble with previous visa's, overstays etc)
  • You have little or no English skills
  • Complex marital issues (unable to get copies of divorce certificates, numerous name changes etc)
  • Issues where children are included but there are custody issues etc.

Disclaimer:

UPDATE- December 2018 - Partner Provisional 309 Visa Grant Approved…

No calls or any interviews from a case officer/s throughout entire process. Cant comment on why others would have this…..

Anyways, Good News and another good reason to crack another Moet champagne on XMAS day.

Off to David Jones tonight to buy her some cooking pans and pots for the XMAS present…..

Congrats mate. 

Word of advise is to hold off on the good pans,  I wasted a coupe of decent ones as they don't sit then squarely on the burner!

Also they have no concept of Teflon stick free and will scrub that layer right off!