Hello

Im new here, and I wont take much time- I promise.

I after your thoughts and experience with imigration agents fees.

I did all the research and I can start my PR application now. We went to see one agent and we got a quote for $4950-this inculdes $450 GST and this is for a family of 3, plus all the other fees, so we are looking at $12500- again for a family of 3.

Now my wife found out that agent fees are between $2500-$5000, so Im asking, have we found the top one? shell I look for a cheaper one( who garantees he is going to be good)?, how many shell I go too befeore putting my money on the table.

I would really apreciate your input and info on this one...

Kind Regards

Michal Duzynski

Hi Michal

Which PR visa are you applying for? In any case $4,950 sounds quite expensive if your application is straight forward (ie no character or health concerns etc). 

Some agents are also lawyers, which can result in higher fees. Others just charge higher fees because they've got enough people willing to pay the money! I'd recommend getting a few quotes and reading reviews online etc.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)

Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)

Proxy Migration

e: lisa@proxymigration.com.au

w: www.proxymigration.com.au 

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment. 

Okay, always good to compare quotes. Does the quote cover your employer's nomination component as well, or just the visa application itself?

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)

Proxy Migration

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment. 

Hello

I think it does.It says on the quote $450 for Visa Nomination.

Another question here.

My wife is concidering doing it on ourselfs. Let me tell you Im a busy man and have not time for my self, and now when I think that I have to seat in front of screen and fillup bunch of applications.

Tell is there anything really beneficial ( a part from saving 5 grand) to do it your self?

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael 

Okay, that makes more sense. You can do the application yourself, however, as you said it will likely involve more time and effort. I can't think of a particular advantage in doing the application yourself, apart from the cost saving. A migration agent is trained and familiar with the current laws and policies, so will be looking at these when assembling your application. 

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)

Proxy Migration

most of your time will be spent doing research into all the requirements and ins and outs to make sure all your bases are covered. it's amazing reading these forums the amount of rejections it issues just because they missed something basic but critical.

for example some visas need the police check at the time of application, if you don't have it then they must reject it.