Jump to content

- - - - -

Living Arrangment Evidence


1 reply to this topic

#1 EWrig1



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:21 AM

Hi all,


My Partner and I are looking into applying for a partner visa. I am an Australian citizen and he is a British citizen. We have been in a relationship for two and half years. Just a quick question regarding evidence for living together/ living arrangements.


My partner and I moved into a share house 6 months ago. We share a room/bathroom, however only my name is on the lease. My partner pays his shares of rent/bills into my account every month. However not having his name on the rent/bills is concerning me for providing evidence. His address for his license/phone bills is also still registered to his family home.


We have screenshots of our spare room ad/ conversations about house viewings with our now housemates. We have different receipts showing bought furniture and shared groceries. Would this, banks statements of ongoing rent payments and stat decs. from our current housemates be enough evidence to support our living situations?


Thank you for your help!

#2 AussieDude



  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Proof of a shared dwelling is not mandatory but it sure helps.


With no formal evidence, Immi may ask how 'permanent' the relationship is.  But..  laying out the whole storey with what you have, and maybe a Stat-dec from a house mate etc, will paint a genuine picture.  But...  get his name on the lease now, and change his bank account address, D/L, etc now.  Show them it is serious going forward.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partnervisa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users