You apply to the Thai Embassy In Australia, on a FORM B, Selecting NON_IMMIGRANT Business Visa.

You will need at least 1 formal invitation letter from a Thai Company (or business broker, lawyer etc).

Business ownership for Foreign Nationals is complicated in Thailand, and Thai Commercial Law is more so.

Certain industries are prohibited to foreign ownership.

My advice is get a good reputable Lawyer in Thailand (Austrade or the Australian Embassy in Bangkok can recommend one) to guide you through the process.  Look for a legal firm that has both Thai and Foreign (ideally Aussie or UK) partners.

Also contact the Thai Embassy in Canberra, and try to get hold of someone in the Trade Delegation.  They should be also able to help.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Hi Sunbelt

I want to come to Thailand to discuss buying a company to move our manufacturing to Thailand, how can I get a business visa to do this.

The Rock

Hi Rock,

Sunbelt Asia will be happy to assist you on company registration in Thailand.

Setting up a company requires quite a few steps and begins with the reservation of the Company name. The name cannot be similar to another company name in Thailand and certain names are not allowed. As part of the Company set up package, Sunbelt Asia will guide you through choosing a company name. The next step in company registration involves filing a Memorandum of Association with the Commercial Registration Department. The Memorandum registration fee is 50 baht for every 100,000 baht of registered capital. The minimum fee is 500 baht, and the maximum is 250,000 baht.

The third step in Company Registration involves convening a statutory meeting; a minimum of 25% of the value of each subscribed share must be paid. Finally, the directors must submit their application to establish the company and within 60 days of the start of operations a tax identity card must be applied for. A company seal is required as well.

Three shareholders are required to set up a company in Thailand. Please note that in order to set up a company for import and export products the company can be owned 100% foreign ownership. Since the business activity for import and export products its allowed for foreigners. However, in case that you would like to sell your products or provide any business service then at least 51% of the shares shall be owned by Thai nationals, since that trading or providing business services is restricted for foreigners. In case that you don’t have a Thai shareholder we have other solutions such as BOI, Alien License, Amity Treaty or even a joint venture.

A limited company in Thailand must have at least 2,000,000 Baht of registered capital in order to obtain one work permit. We recommend that 25% of the shares are paid in when setting up the company, to show that the business has working capital and has not been set up purely to provide a work permit. Once you hire four Thai employees and have 2,000,000 Baht of registered capital, you will be able to obtain one work permit through the company. Please note if you are married to a Thai national, you only need 1 million baht in registered capital.

In order to apply for a business visa and work permit its required to a minimum registered capital of 2 million THB and 4 Thai employees per work permit.

Additionally, the company will need to set up a company bank account, for which the bank requires minutes of the meeting of the board of directors to establish the account. Additional services include an Executive Desk. Please note that in order to register VAT its required to have a physical office (not only virtual office) therefore we may include on the quotation the fee of office desk for your review.

Please contact us so that one of our legal advisors can get in touch with you directly and send you the quotation.

With best regards,

Ronald

Hi Sunbelt

I want to come to Thailand to discuss buying a company to move our manufacturing to Thailand, how can I get a business visa to do this.

The Rock

Hi Rock,

Sunbelt Asia will be happy to assist you on company registration in Thailand.

Setting up a company requires quite a few steps and begins with the reservation of the Company name. The name cannot be similar to another company name in Thailand and certain names are not allowed. As part of the Company set up package, Sunbelt Asia will guide you through choosing a company name. The next step in company registration involves filing a Memorandum of Association with the Commercial Registration Department. The Memorandum registration fee is 50 baht for every 100,000 baht of registered capital. The minimum fee is 500 baht, and the maximum is 250,000 baht.

The third step in Company Registration involves convening a statutory meeting; a minimum of 25% of the value of each subscribed share must be paid. Finally, the directors must submit their application to establish the company and within 60 days of the start of operations a tax identity card must be applied for. A company seal is required as well.

Three shareholders are required to set up a company in Thailand. Please note that in order to set up a company for import and export products the company can be owned 100% foreign ownership. Since the business activity for import and export products its allowed for foreigners. However, in case that you would like to sell your products or provide any business service then at least 51% of the shares shall be owned by Thai nationals, since that trading or providing business services is restricted for foreigners. In case that you don’t have a Thai shareholder we have other solutions such as BOI, Alien License, Amity Treaty or even a joint venture.

A limited company in Thailand must have at least 2,000,000 Baht of registered capital in order to obtain one work permit. We recommend that 25% of the shares are paid in when setting up the company, to show that the business has working capital and has not been set up purely to provide a work permit. Once you hire four Thai employees and have 2,000,000 Baht of registered capital, you will be able to obtain one work permit through the company. Please note if you are married to a Thai national, you only need 1 million baht in registered capital.

In order to apply for a business visa and work permit its required to a minimum registered capital of 2 million THB and 4 Thai employees per work permit.

Additionally, the company will need to set up a company bank account, for which the bank requires minutes of the meeting of the board of directors to establish the account. Additional services include an Executive Desk. Please note that in order to register VAT its required to have a physical office (not only virtual office) therefore we may include on the quotation the fee of office desk for your review.

Please contact us so that one of our legal advisors can get in touch with you directly and send you the quotation.

With best regards,

Ronald

Ronald, 

Your a good man to provide such advice, TY on behalf of the Forum.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.