Sign in to follow this  
aussieamurka

Travelling overseas for police check?

Has anyone had to travel overseas to obtain the police check/police certificate? My husband (American citizen) and I live in the US, but he spent two years living in Honduras on a humanitarian mission from 2010-2012. From looking online, it looks like he'll have to travel back in person to Honduras to obtain the certificate, and then do that repeatedly since the certificate only lasts 6 months(!).

Does that sound right to anyone? Has anyone else had to travel overseas for a police check? It seems like a very expensive venture if the 309/100 can take up to 16 months to process... :S Are there any other options for him (stat dec, etc)? He didn't get into any trouble so there shouldn't be any problems with the actual check...

It doesn't sound right, but I have never dealt with Honduran matters.

I would check with the Honduran Embassy in Australia (if they have one) or at least in the US.  There you will usually find the process for getting a PCC.

I have never heard of anyone having to travel to the original country for a PCC.  All I have seen will do it via postal application, or at worst a visit to the nearest embassy.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/honduras

"Non-citizen non-residents: Clients can appoint a representative with a power of attorney to apply in person for a police certificate (certificado de antecedentes policiales) at the D.P.I. and a penal certificate (certificado de antecedentes penales autenticado) at the Poder Judicial."

Sounds like a cheaper option than going in person.