flowerxpower

proof no impediment to marry

Hello guys,

Can please anyone help us, we are desperate!! 

We need to provide proof "No impediment to marry" and we have uploaded a document that in my country justify that I can marry (called certificate of celibacy) and the visa cafe officer said is not accepted. Beside the fact that is not accepted the case officer didn't say anything else.

I went at civil status and gave calls and in my country this certificate that we uploaded (authorised translated) is the only option that they can give. 

Is it possible it's not accepted because it needs to be apostilled (recognised by Hague convention countries)?

Anyone in our situation??

Firstly, were either of you ever married before?  If that is the case then the Divorce Certificate is required. No exceptions.

Otherwise, usually,  "No impediment to marry"  under Australian Law is interpreted as a Declaration made by the couple that they are free to marry, are of the proper age, and they know of no objections likely to be made at the wedding (interpret this as objections from Family or past partners).

Some countries like Thailand do apply a 12 month 'ban' on women divorcees before they can be remarried, in Thailand.  This restraint is not recognised in Australia.       

21 hours ago, AussieDude said:

Firstly, were either of you ever married before?  If that is the case then the Divorce Certificate is required. No exceptions.

Otherwise, usually,  "No impediment to marry"  under Australian Law is interpreted as a Declaration made by the couple that they are free to marry, are of the proper age, and they know of no objections likely to be made at the wedding (interpret this as objections from Family or past partners).

Some countries like Thailand do apply a 12 month 'ban' on women divorcees before they can be remarried, in Thailand.  This restraint is not recognised in Australia.       

Hello,

No, we were never married before. This certificate of celibacy is a certificate from the Civil Status - Marriage stuff. I went and took another one and apostille it so it's more legal and hopefully better seen by the visa officer. Also I was thinking to make a statutory declaration cause it cant hurt. But if the visa officer is not happy with the certificate of celibacy and the declaration (that I will try to apostille it) then this is gonna be a problem because according to the Law this certificate is my only option. I even called the Consulate of my country in Australia and he said the same thing to verify if I need this certificate. My fiance on the other hand took the certificate No impediment to marry from Australia easily (from death, births and marriages). I just think it's better built so it can be easily recognised as on my one is written that I don't have any mention of any previous unopened marriage on the birth certificate "border" when they should say something about registers ..so I don't know, hope to solve this out.

And the officer saying "Free to marry certificate is required as the document uploaded is not accepted " me think she is talking about other document, she didn't say this is expired or it needs to be apostille, so we are still confuse in this regards. And I don't know either if a declaration would be seen as a certificate...so yea..confusing.

Thank you very much!