Sign in to follow this  
ToriK

Applying for student visa in a course that may be related to my degree background

I am on my WHV that is running out in 2 months time and simply don't have enough days (and work opportunities) to reach the golden 88 days. I have decided to give studying a go to remain in Australia. Prior to coming to Australia, I have completed a degree in business management in an English-speaking country, and worked for a few years in business admin roles (various places around the world). Made the move to Australia with a WHV and now would love to further my studies with an Accounting major. I am looking at a diploma/graduate diploma in Accounting.

My question is if my case would be rejected simply because (1) I have completed a similar course (business management; although one can argue it isn't exactly "Accounting"), and (2) would it be seen as a 'downgrade', since I already hold a Bachelors degree, and a diploma would be a lower degree than it. 

The reasons for not doing a Masters or another Bachelors degree is the cost, and I would like an accelerated course to get myself educated in accounting 101 before embarking into a graduate course.

What are my chances of getting that student visa? Would my application be flagged as 'suspicious' and fail the genuine temporary entrant test?

Hello, I just wanted to know if this is still active since this was posted at June 26. If so, then you need to meet some other qualifications to obtain the visa and it's really suspicious since you already have your business management degree but they might not only look on it alone because there are many factors to consider applying for a Student visa like prerequisites for the course you have chosen, you have adequate funds to support your visit, also health and character criteria to meet.