grovervishal591

Can I still claim partner point for Visa 189/190 after she left job

Hi,

I have already lodged EOI for Visa 189/190. I am claiming 5 points for my partner's skill as her nominated occupation is same as mine. We are already done with skill assessment. She has total 4.5 years of work experience at present.

But due to some long working hours, she desperately wants to leave her present job. Also we are blessed with a new born and therefore she does not get a chance to prepare for next job. 

If she will leave the job, I am afraid if I will be able to claim the partner's point after that.

Please suggest me is it possible to still claim the point even if partner is unemployed at the time of Invite but have a positive skill assessment? 

If she has 4.5 years, then unemployment is not going to effect that.

If you have proof of the employment, then it can be claimed.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.