Ong

Partner visa 820, pls advice !!

Hi everyone , Thanks in advance. I am new here..

Long story short, I started relationship with my partner in february 2017 in my country, she moved in to stay with me in my parents house after few months, when times passed by we decided that we gonna stay in australia in the future, so she came with me to australia in december 2017 with one year ETA tourist visa multipe entry, everytime she comes to australia she stayed with me for 2 n half month, went back and come again, repeatedly for a couple of times.  

recently she found out she  is pregnant now , so we are planning to get marry asap in australia.  so my question is ,Is my case is complicated? do i qualify for 820 onshore ?  what is the chance of get rejected ?

its stressful and lot of money for this visa. I just wanna make sure everything before i apply. pls any advice will do.. Thank you so much. 

what restrictions are on the tourist visa?  just contact immigration and find out. they are quite helpfull from my experience.

be prepared to answer " are you coming here as a tourist or to get married."

sorry but if you think the visa is expensive then you need to do some research on living costs.

Hi there, to apply for a 820/801 partner visa you have to prove and must be at least 12 together. Your partner can always come and go on an ETA if it's explained its legitame to come stay with you for 3 months at a time. If you guys getting married I think it's a different type of visa. 

Here is the Info about the parter visa

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/801-/Partner-visa-(subclasses-820-and-801)-document-checklist

I believe even if you get married you have to wait 12 months. But I also encourage you to call an agent they are very friendly. 

Technically being married waves the 12 month relationship requirement but you would be crazy to base an application on that as you still need the same amount of evidence.

Also being pregnant isn't a massive factor,  people were just doing it for the visa so it's not the compelling case it once was.

The new DHA site is good to navigate now, do your research and we can answer targeted questions, if you aren't good with research and paperwork or don't have time then use a MARA agent at least for a consult

Hello, Everyone,

I would like to ask some help : confused with this question on 2nd stage of spouse Visa.

Does any other person have custodial, access or guardianship rights to this child?

Should I answer YES - because Me and my child is here already in Australia and my Husband (Aussie) has the custodial rights already.

This child is my biological daughter with my previous relationship.

This question was on my 1st stage spouse visa and I answered it NO. I lodged my 1st stage visa through immi account overseas and I am on second stage now.

Kindly enlighten me.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, GGMC said:

Hello, Everyone,

I would like to ask some help : confused with this question on 2nd stage of spouse Visa.

Does any other person have custodial, access or guardianship rights to this child?

Should I answer YES - because Me and my child is here already in Australia and my Husband (Aussie) has the custodial rights already.

This child is my biological daughter with my previous relationship.

This question was on my 1st stage spouse visa and I answered it NO. I lodged my 1st stage visa through immi account overseas and I am on second stage now.

Kindly enlighten me.

Thank you.

I think you will find that that question relates to the biological father. 

Just now, GGMC said:

So, I should tick NO ?

I can't answer that question for you, as I don't know the background. The question doesn't relate to the sponsor. It specifically relates to any other person, such as the biological father. If you answer no, then you should expect the Department of Immigration to ask for evidence of this. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. 

I have another question  :

I updated my passport details yesterday on immi account using my married name because my old passport was expired and still on my maiden name.

How long it will take to get an updates while using vevo? I checked today and still on error using the new travel document.

Thank you so much!

Just now, GGMC said:

When I lodged my 1st stage visa I tick NO and I have proof on that.

I cant answer the question any differently. If you tick no, they should be asking for evidence that you have sole custody and responsibility of the child. In those circumstances, the Department of Immigration would evidence of that. If you ticked no previously, and they didn't ask for evidence of that, then I can't answer for the Department of Immigration.

If you tick yes, then they would want a Form 1229 Consent to Grant an Australian Visa to a child under the age of 18 years.

If you no one else has custody and responsibility, indeed tick no, but they point I am making, is that they may require evidence.  

2 minutes ago, GGMC said:

I have another question  :

I updated my passport details yesterday on immi account using my married name because my old passport was expired and still on my maiden name.

How long it will take to get an updates while using vevo? I checked today and still on error using the new travel document.

Thank you so much!

If you updated your details using a Form 929 and emailed it off. it generally takes up to 10 working days