Sign in to follow this  
Dani

Donated Kidney to brother. Chances of PR visa refusal?

What are the chances of my PR visa rejection after donating one kidney to my brother? I have donated one kidney to my brother last year after undergoing major surgery. I am living normally like I was before and did not appoint any nephrologist/kidney doctor due to any post-surgery issues. I have high points to get PR invitation and will likely get it, but I am scared that my post-surgery scar on my left abdomen will reveal to the medical doctor that I've donated one kidney and will likely to result in PR visa refusal. Please if anyone has undergone such condition, please comment. 

I see this question often. 

To be refused a permanent visa on medical grounds you need to be suffering from a SERIOUS medical condition that is either;

1) presents a high risk to the general population (i.e TB) or

2) will burden the Australian Govt with extensive medical bills in the future.

Having only 1 kidney does not fall into either category.  The long term side effects of living with only 1 kidney are generally minor and highly treatable (i.e high blood pressure). It is important that you declare your kidney donorship, but it will not effect your application. Lying or hiding the truth, and being caught out WILL effect your application.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, AussieDude said:

I see this question often. 

To be refused a permanent visa on medical grounds you need to be suffering from a SERIOUS medical condition that is either;

1) presents a high risk to the general population (i.e TB) or

2) will burden the Australian Govt with extensive medical bills in the future.

Having only 1 kidney does not fall into either category.  The long term side effects of living with only 1 kidney are generally minor and highly treatable (i.e high blood pressure). It is important that you declare your kidney donorship, but it will not effect your application. Lying or hiding the truth, and being caught out WILL effect your application.

I am really relieved after reading your comment. Will surely declare my medical condition and will tell the condition to the panel physicians as well so that everything would be clear. Thanks again. Appreciate your comment :)