Dani

Donated Kidney to brother. Chances of PR visa refusal?

What are the chances of my PR visa rejection after donating one kidney to my brother? I have donated one kidney to my brother last year after undergoing major surgery. I am living normally like I was before and did not appoint any nephrologist/kidney doctor due to any post-surgery issues. I have high points to get PR invitation and will likely get it, but I am scared that my post-surgery scar on my left abdomen will reveal to the medical doctor that I've donated one kidney and will likely to result in PR visa refusal. Please if anyone has undergone such condition, please comment. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

What are the chances of my PR visa rejection after donating one kidney to my brother? I have donated one kidney to my brother last year after undergoing major surgery. I am living normally like I was before and did not appoint any nephrologist/kidney doctor due to any post-surgery issues. I have high points to get PR invitation and will likely get it, but I am scared that my post-surgery scar on my left abdomen will reveal to the medical doctor that I've donated one kidney and will likely to result in PR visa refusal. Please if anyone has undergone such condition, please comment. 

What an amazing gesture of kindness. I hope both you and your brother make a speedy recovery. Can I ask however, what Australian visa are you anticipating applying for?

2 minutes ago, Bridge said:

What an amazing gesture of kindness. I hope both you and your brother make a speedy recovery. Can I ask however, what Australian visa are you anticipating applying for?

thank you. I'm targetting 189 and 190 both. However, I am really worried that this medical condition of mine will lead to the PR visa rejection. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

thank you. I'm targetting 189 and 190 both. However, I am really worried that this medical condition of mine will lead to the PR visa rejection. 

As you would be aware, you will need to satisfy the health criteria for the grant of the visa you are applying for. I really wish I could answer this with a definitive answer, but I simply do not know. Post procedure, do you have any ongoing medical costs, treatment etc? 

1 minute ago, Bridge said:

As you would be aware, you will need to satisfy the health criteria for the grant of the visa you are applying for. I really wish I could answer this with a definitive answer, but I simply do not know. Post procedure, do you have any ongoing medical costs, treatment etc? 

It's been more than 1.5 years now after our surgery and till now I have not been to any medical doctor and have not been receiving any medical treatments (No pills, syrups, injections, no tests whatsoever), as my nephrologist said soon after our surgery that all I need is to have increased water intake for the rest of your life to let your kidney function well, that's it and you will enjoy the life as you were enjoying with 2 kidneys. Therefore, as there is no cost on any sort of treatment here, I am wondering if there would be any other health/medical clause that would lead to my visa rejection or not? 

On 8/9/2018 at 6:02 AM, Aussie_83 said:

You should be fine, what they are concerned about is ongoing medical costs. There was a set yearly amount I've seen but I've a shocking memory sorry. So if there is nothing ongoing should be fine.

No there is no ongoing costs, as I am not undergoing any medical treatment or GP visits and all that. I am a little curious to know that whether they would think that I am having one kidney and in case in future (God Forbid) if there would be any issue with my remaining kidney, then they have to pay from the Australian Taxpayers' money which could be a burden on Australian economy. Do they foresee such things while granting the visa?

Secondly, I was previously thinking not to disclose this thing in my medical form, but now I think it would be a moral crime not to disclose it. I should disclose it now and tell my panel doctor exactly that that I am having this medical condition but I am fine and if you want some extra nephrology tests you can proceed with it. Do you think this is the right way to proceed? 

9 minutes ago, Dani said:

No there is no ongoing costs, as I am not undergoing any medical treatment or GP visits and all that. I am a little curious to know that whether they would think that I am having one kidney and in case in future (God Forbid) if there would be any issue with my remaining kidney, then they have to pay from the Australian Taxpayers' money which could be a burden on Australian economy. Do they foresee such things while granting the visa?

Secondly, I was previously thinking not to disclose this thing in my medical form, but now I think it would be a moral crime not to disclose it. I should disclose it now and tell my panel doctor exactly that that I am having this medical condition but I am fine and if you want some extra nephrology tests you can proceed with it. Do you think this is the right way to proceed? 

We can't even attempt to give medical opinions here for obvious reasons. You need to be 100% truthful with regards to all information you provide to the Department of Immigration. My person opinion is that it won't impact on your health assessment. I really do wish you all the best on your PR application.

51 minutes ago, Bridge said:

We can't even attempt to give medical opinions here for obvious reasons. You need to be 100% truthful with regards to all information you provide to the Department of Immigration. My person opinion is that it won't impact on your health assessment. I really do wish you all the best on your PR application.

Thanks. I am feeling a positive vibe now that it won't be an issue for me as I'm not infected by any renal disease and have just donated a kidney, which is not considered a vulnerable disease or medical condition that will cost AU gov.  

6 hours ago, Dani said:

Not disclosing the truth, or all you medical history on a Visa Application is a CRIME.  It may cause visa rejection alone.  Always tell the truth.  See my response below as well.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, AussieDude said:

Not disclosing the truth, or all you medical history on a Visa Application is a CRIME.  It may cause visa rejection alone.  Always tell the truth.  See my response below as well.

I am really relieved after reading your comment. Will surely declare my medical condition and will tell the condition to the panel physicians as well so that everything would be clear. Thanks again. Appreciate your comment