JaniceS

Current BVA not on immi account

Hi there I am currently onshore on a BVA with work restrictions ( Not allowed to work) after my circumstances have changed I need to work so after a call to Australia immigration they said yes I can apply for a new BVA through my immi account but the directions that the home affairs website give on how to apply your current visa would be on your immi account which you just click update us and apply that way but I cant do this as my current BVA isnt on there!!  Can anyone advise on how I can resolve this please. 

Many thanks 

On 9/9/2018 at 3:16 PM, JaniceS said:

Hi there I am currently onshore on a BVA with work restrictions ( Not allowed to work) after my circumstances have changed I need to work so after a call to Australia immigration they said yes I can apply for a new BVA through my immi account but the directions that the home affairs website give on how to apply your current visa would be on your immi account which you just click update us and apply that way but I cant do this as my current BVA isnt on there!!  Can anyone advise on how I can resolve this please. 

Many thanks 

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum,

I am a little confused as to what you are asking. Can you not simply apply for a new Bridging Visa A. It is not a matter of updating you current one, you need to apply again as you are seeking work rights to be attached, as they currently aren't. Am I missing something here perhaps.

More information here: What is a Bridging Visa A?