Sign in to follow this  
Usama Arshad

Passport holding time for 476

Hi,

I am a graduate from a Washington Accord accredited Pakistani University. I am planning to apply Australian visa 476 and for that, I have gathered all the requirements. Now, I only need to apply. My wife is a Chinese. She will be included in my application and until just a few days ago, she was living with me in Pakistan but had to move back due to her mother being sick. I am also planning to go to China and apply from there. Can I apply from China instead of Pakistan? If I can then after how much time of filing the online application do Australia require us to submit the hard copy of the passport and for how long at average do they keep it until returning it with visa sticker? On the home ministry website, they have only given estimated times for visa processing but I am rather interested in when will my passport be taken and for how long?

3 hours ago, Usama Arshad said:

Hi,

I am a graduate from a Washington Accord accredited Pakistani University. I am planning to apply Australian visa 476 and for that, I have gathered all the requirements. Now, I only need to apply. My wife is a Chinese. She will be included in my application and until just a few days ago, she was living with me in Pakistan but had to move back due to her mother being sick. I am also planning to go to China and apply from there. Can I apply from China instead of Pakistan? If I can then after how much time of filing the online application do Australia require us to submit the hard copy of the passport and for how long at average do they keep it until returning it with visa sticker? On the home ministry website, they have only given estimated times for visa processing but I am rather interested in when will my passport be taken and for how long?

In most cases IMMI no longer apply visa stickers to passports, its all online.  In some cases you can request a sticker, but its rarely needed these days.  You can apply from China, but I would expect you application to be sent to Pakistan for processing, this is common, but not always.  So they dont usually hold your passport anymore.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.