Besto

How long is normally the 5 relationship questions in the online form

Hi Guys,

Me and my fiance are planning to get married this December. And we are planning to apply for an offshore partner visa. Am in Singapore and she is in Australia. So we don't have much to say in financial aspects and nature of household or social aspects to show (We have some bills, photos of places we travelled together, my flight tickets to Aus and we stayed together in Airbnb and basically that's all). We are scared that our application will take more time to approve since we don't have much evidence. Is there any recommended length for these questions? And actually, we have many photos of together, how can I show those as evidence in these questions?

3 hours ago, Besto said:

Hi Guys,

Me and my fiance are planning to get married this December. And we are planning to apply for an offshore partner visa. Am in Singapore and she is in Australia. So we don't have much to say in financial aspects and nature of household or social aspects to show (We have some bills, photos of places we travelled together, my flight tickets to Aus and we stayed together in Airbnb and basically that's all). We are scared that our application will take more time to approve since we don't have much evidence. Is there any recommended length for these questions? And actually, we have many photos of together, how can I show those as evidence in these questions?

I basically answered your question for another here:  

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, AussieDude said:

I basically answered your question for another here:  

Thanks a lot, @AussieDude. Really helpful info. As I said before, I work in Singapore. Am planning to come to Australia this January to apply for the OnShore partner visa, because I want to stay with my wife and work in Australia. Currently, am holding a visitor visa which expires in July 2019.  I have the following questions,

1. Can I work in Australia after I lodge my onshore visa application (with bridging visa A)? or I have to wait till July to expire my tourist visa the only i have the working rights?

2. If I get the Bridging visa A, but worst case I was not able to secure a good job in Australia with a bridging visa A, can I apply bridging visa B and go back to Singapore and work until i get my partner visa? If yes, how long normally it takes to approve a Bridging visa B?

On 12/4/2018 at 7:01 PM, Besto said:

Thanks a lot, @AussieDude. Really helpful info. As I said before, I work in Singapore. Am planning to come to Australia this January to apply for the OnShore partner visa, because I want to stay with my wife and work in Australia. Currently, am holding a visitor visa which expires in July 2019.  I have the following questions,

1. Can I work in Australia after I lodge my onshore visa application (with bridging visa A)? or I have to wait till July to expire my tourist visa the only i have the working rights?

2. If I get the Bridging visa A, but worst case I was not able to secure a good job in Australia with a bridging visa A, can I apply bridging visa B and go back to Singapore and work until i get my partner visa? If yes, how long normally it takes to approve a Bridging visa B?

My pleasure to be able to help.  To your questions;

1. Please check that your current Tourist visa  DOES NOT have Condition 8503 applied (no further stay). If 8503 is applied you CAN NOT apply for a 820 onshore. 
  2. So when you (the sponsored) lodge an Onshore Partner Visa 820/801, after approval you are granted a Temporary 820 Visa which allows you to work and stay in Australia while the typically 2 year wait for permanent partner 801 is granted. The granting of a 820 is usually fairly quick, but if your current visa tourist visa expires before the 820 is issued you will be issued a BVA.  Do not wait for your tourist visa to expire before 820 application, your TV (or BVA) will be in force until the 820 is granted. So you will be able to work as soon as your 820 or BVA is issued.
  3. Yes, you can apply for a BVA-->BVB.  But be careful, you are expected to be onshore predominately, and your sponsor is expected to support you fully.  Just don't make too big a thing over no money and no  work. See the IMMI website for BVB approval times, they change constantly.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

As always always well covered just some confusion. 

2. The 820 seems to be taking on average 16-18 months.  But at least you are together for it. The bridging visa is granted as soon as you apply (never leave it until the last week though) but doesn't become active until the end of the tourist visa.  So if it's 3 month stay then at the end of the 3 months