Sharon_60

Sponsorship application.

I’ve now heard the sponsorship application needs to be granted before the partner visa  can be lodged onshore ..  Is this true? 

Ive also heard bridging visas may not be giiven to people lodging onshore due to this  

Can I lodge  the sponsorship application while I’m  in the UK ? I’m not returning to Australia until 20th February  

This is becoming a nightmare 

Regards 

Sharon. 

The bill has been passed so it's now just a matter of time for it to come into play. 

The bridging visa will still be granted once you lodge onshore.  It's just the sponsor has to be approved before you can lodge your visa. 

Can you do it while you are offshore of course. However no way of knowing when it will start 

Thank you for your reply. 

Just a little unclear about lodging sponsorship application while in the UK 

Did you mean Yes I can lodge off shore ? 

This won’t interfere with my partners onshore application ? 

Sorry for bugging you. 

Regards 

Sharon. 

On 12/3/2018 at 8:59 AM, Aussie_83 said:

The bill has been passed so it's now just a matter of time for it to come into play. 

The bridging visa will still be granted once you lodge onshore.  It's just the sponsor has to be approved before you can lodge your visa. 

Can you do it while you are offshore of course. However no way of knowing when it will start 

Hello Aussie,

Do you know any details in regards to this change?

What would be the requirement for the sponsor to be approved? 

Is there an annual income that must be provided or do you have any idea what's it about?

I know it's early to ask but was it mentioned how much time this procedure (application for approval) would take?

Thank you!! 

22 hours ago, flowerxpower said:

Hello Aussie,

Do you know any details in regards to this change?

What would be the requirement for the sponsor to be approved? 

Is there an annual income that must be provided or do you have any idea what's it about?

I know it's early to ask but was it mentioned how much time this procedure (application for approval) would take?

Thank you!! 

• Its gazetted for session 3 march 2019.  But things slip
  • Details are not final but there appears to be a basic good character criteria & financial means test for the sponsor to meet, in additional to the current Child Welfare requirements if a child is involved.
  • Its not know yet, however its rumoured that being unemployed will not meet the criteria.
  • As yet unknown.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.