flowerxpower

PMV: health insurance a requirement ?

Hey there,

I'm a bit confuse so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

I've been granted a prospective marriage visa and I don't know if it's a requirement (compulsory) for me to have a health insurance in Australia.

Do I need to provide such document at the time of entrance in Australia?

Thank you and have a good day ! :)

I have read all the information written in the Grant letter..but honestly I don't know if the government has any not written expectations and I just don't want any trouble. Thought it's something that it's not mentioned here that it would just be a requirement.

Thank you for the information though.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:57 PM, flowerxpower said:

I have read all the information written in the Grant letter..but honestly I don't know if the government has any not written expectations and I just don't want any trouble. Thought it's something that it's not mentioned here that it would just be a requirement.

Thank you for the information though.

A Prospective Marriage Visa (300) holder is not eligible for Medicare. Hence you are encouraged to obtain your own health insurance, I quote:

"We recommend you take out health insurance to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might need in Australia. You are personally liable for all your healthcare costs while you are in Australia. Insurance can help limit your financial liability."

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

25 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

At the very least though I recommend ambulance cover.  It's not expensive at all and ambulance trips are extremely expensive

A friend, a tourist, had a bicycle accident a year ago, broken leg.  He was hit with $3000 in ambulance fees and $380 hospital fees. The ambulance trip was 4km.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.