Css

Processing time for student visa applications with dependants

Hi to all,

I have applied for student visa (subclass 500) on 29th November,2018 and have included my husband and two kids as my dependants. I have got the confirmation of enrollment from The University of Melbourne and also have been conferred a scholarship. My course starts from March ,2019.

It would help me greatly if anyone can shed light on the maximum time required for processing student visas and what is the success rate of applications with dependants.

22 hours ago, Css said:

Hi to all,

I have applied for student visa (subclass 500) on 29th November,2018 and have included my husband and two kids as my dependants. I have got the confirmation of enrollment from The University of Melbourne and also have been conferred a scholarship. My course starts from March ,2019.

It would help me greatly if anyone can shed light on the maximum time required for processing student visas and what is the success rate of applications with dependants.

Processing times for Student 500 vary a lot, depending on what is your education basis.  I quote..

• Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector
    • 75% of applications in 16 days
    • 90% of applications in 30 days
  • Postgraduate Research Sector
    • 75% of applications in 51 days
    • 90% of applications in 86 days
  • Non-Award Sector
    • 75% of applications in 7 days
    • 90% of applications in 22 days
  • Schools Sector
    • 75% of applications in 35 days
    • 90% of applications in 64 days
  • Independent ELICOS Sector
    • 75% of applications in 23 days
    • 90% of applications in 46 days
  • Vocational Education and Training Sector
    • 75% of applications in 45 days
    • 90% of applications in 56 days
  • Higher Education Sector
    • 75% of applications in 42 days
    • 90% of applications in 48 days

Your application can take longer to process if:

• you do not fill it in correctly
  • you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
  • it takes us time to verify your information

Also, if there are children involved, there may be additional delays with police checks, and compliance to Welfare of Children criteria.

All the processing times are here;

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500#aboutVisa-index-6

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.