rock747

Form 888 validity period

On 12/15/2018 at 2:33 AM, rock747 said:

Hi guys, i will like to know, is there any validity  period for the form 888 , form 80 or sponsor declaration form  prior to the time of lodgement for partner visa 309/100? 

Technically there is no validity period.

Specifically Stat Decs under law do not have a validity period, and are valid forever. (see other posts about this subject specifically)

Any other signed or implied declaration made to the Government, are considered valid, again forever, or unless a later declaration is made updating or correcting the information originally provided.

So, to your question, the documents you detail are generally considered valid forever.  However, Form 80, and the Sponsor Declarations can detail a wide range of personal details and circumstances, and IMMI know personal circumstances can and often do change. Hence, IMMI often apply a general 12 month expiry rule to such documents, as in most cases, some aspect would most likely have changed over a 12 month period.  In this case, IMMI will ask you to update and re-submit new forms.

As general advice, as long as the forms are valid, accurate, and are correctly witnessed or executed as required, I would submit them, and wait for IMMI to reject them.  Note that with 888's the Signor is usually expected to be contactable by IMMI.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.