Kat1234

Certified document

Hi need someone for help 

my husband and I is going to apply a partner visa however there’s so much information and we wouldn’t clear off , below are our queries 

1) can you stated what kind of copies need to be certify from sponsor and application ?

2) shall we collect all documents include the certified copy before we move on for the application through online ?

3) is the stat declaration- can be done by our friends , does it require to be Australian ?1 for spouse and  1 for applicant 

4) if for the document notary (certified copy) the person who notarise is it to be an Australian , and work in  one of the occupation which required ?

if we both don’t know any of Australian who work in those profession , shall we do a notarise through local lawyer ?

21 hours ago, Kat1234 said:

Hi need someone for help 

my husband and I is going to apply a partner visa however there’s so much information and we wouldn’t clear off , below are our queries 

1) can you stated what kind of copies need to be certify from sponsor and application ?

2) shall we collect all documents include the certified copy before we move on for the application through online ?

3) is the stat declaration- can be done by our friends , does it require to be Australian ?1 for spouse and  1 for applicant 

4) if for the document notary (certified copy) the person who notarise is it to be an Australian , and work in  one of the occupation which required ?

if we both don’t know any of Australian who work in those profession , shall we do a notarise through local lawyer ?

I assume your both applying online;

1. You do not need copies of anything, just quality scans of the originals, or translated originals as required.
  2. Its always best to collect everything, check off against the checklist then apply.  Missing documents can delay the processing.
  3. Stat Decs are signed by anyone, but Witnessed by an approved person (lawyer, Judge, JP, etc details on the form)  The 88 can be signed by anyone but an Australian is better, but not essential.  In all cases whoever signs must be easily contactable by Immigration.  I always suggest that everyone who signs a 888 attach a copy of their passport page as well.
  4. With Stat Dec Notaries, all the professions listed are assumed to be Australian workers.  If you use a non Australian to witness a Stat Dec is needs to be a Lawyer, court official or a Registered Notary.  Your local Australian Embassy usually has a JP on staff.  They can also tell you who you can use locally.  I usually find a local police officer of lawyer usually is sufficient, providing they provide their credentials and contact details. Using a n Embassy referred person is always trouble free.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.