Cromwell143

Timeline for Bridging Visa

Hello, 

We've recently applied for a 820 partner visa. We've paid the fee and submitted what I think is part 1. 

I have three questions related to this: 

1. How long until the bridging visa is granted? What happens if my tourist visa expires before it's granted? 

2. How long do we have to upload the supporting documents? Do they all have to be certified or only certified if they are copies? 

3. Do we need to upload all supporting documents before a bridging visa can be granted? 

Thanks in advance! 

1. In my wifes 820 case her bridging visa was granted almost immediately but it shouldn't be more than a few hours in most cases

2. It would be in your best interest to upload all documents as soon as you possibly can. There is no time limit. Nothing needs to be certified 

3. No

3 hours ago, Cromwell143 said:

2. How long do we have to upload the supporting documents? Do they all have to be certified or only certified if they are copies? 

Just remember, although you don't have to provide certified copies when uploading.  IMMI may and usually does request to sight the originals at some stage. Usually at an interview. 

When I say original, I mean the true original, not a certified copy. Also, if you are uploading foreign language documents, then you need to upload the original, and the certified english translation.  Usually the english translation carries a stamp and declaration by the translator, but some translators also provide a covering certificate as well.  Be sure to use a NAATI certified translator, IMMI will not accept translations from non NAATI (or foreign equivalent) translators.

I always recommend that if possible, use an onshore NAATI translator.  There are so many scam translators out there.

For some temporary visa's (tourist, business, etc) applications is some countries, ie Russia and Germany, the Australian embassy will accept local language documents, without translation, as these missions have sufficient local language translators on staff.  But, get a translation unless the embassy website says specifically that its not required. Most permanent, migration and work visa's will always require translation, as they are often processed in Australia.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.