Airra08

Notifying Immigration of Travel while documents are being processed?

Hi, we recently applied for a PMV offshore and now waiting for an approval. 

Since I have a tourist visa w/ multiple entry, I'll be visiting Aus by the end of the year, and will stay there until 2nd week of March.

Just to make sure, I've read that we need to notify immigration that I'll travel and will be in Australia before the year ends.
if that's the case, what is the process for this?

thanks in advance :)

On 12/26/2018 at 9:25 PM, Airra08 said:

Hi, we recently applied for a PMV offshore and now waiting for an approval. 

Since I have a tourist visa w/ multiple entry, I'll be visiting Aus by the end of the year, and will stay there until 2nd week of March.

Just to make sure, I've read that we need to notify immigration that I'll travel and will be in Australia before the year ends.
if that's the case, what is the process for this?

thanks in advance :)

U can use a Form 1022, or a well worded email, quoting all the case and reference numbers

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Hi AussieDude,

Happy New Year! I appreciated all your kind replies and advice during my permanent partner visa application in 2016 (and I got mine approved in a jiffy) . 

I have a question and dont know where to post or to start a new thread, i hope it is ok to ask here... Since I obtained the permanent visa and activated in 2017 we got our 2nd child and it was hard to straightaway move to Sydney due to childcare arrangement and it was not easy to have my mom moving with us. So we stay back in Singapore while the 5 year visa is ticking clock. 

Do i need to notify the immigration or any way to "postpone" the period? or does "not utilising the visa" cause complications to our future moves? We do not have definite answer as when we will do the move yet 😛

Thanks!!! and all the best to a brilliant year ahead. 

10 minutes ago, florasabrina said:

Hi AussieDude,

Happy New Year! I appreciated all your kind replies and advice during my permanent partner visa application in 2016 (and I got mine approved in a jiffy) . 

I have a question and dont know where to post or to start a new thread, i hope it is ok to ask here... Since I obtained the permanent visa and activated in 2017 we got our 2nd child and it was hard to straightaway move to Sydney due to childcare arrangement and it was not easy to have my mom moving with us. So we stay back in Singapore while the 5 year visa is ticking clock. 

Do i need to notify the immigration or any way to "postpone" the period? or does "not utilising the visa" cause complications to our future moves? We do not have definite answer as when we will do the move yet 😛

Thanks!!! and all the best to a brilliant year ahead. 

I read some of your previous posts. You are on the subclass 100 permanent partner visa, is that correct?

When you were granted this visa, it also has what's known as a Resident Return Visa (RRV) which allows you to travel to/from Australia for a period of 5 years. Refer to your subclass 100 visa grant notice. You will eventually need to renew the RRV. When you renew the RRV you must satisfy the residence requirements (lived in Australia 2 years (730 days) years in the last 5 years) OR demonstrate substantial ties to Australia that are of benefit to Australia.

Is your partner an Australian citizen, and do you live together outside of Australia? If the answer is yes, you will have no issues renewing your RRV. You will be able to show strong personal ties to Australia. 

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Hi AFV, thanks for the prompt advice and Happy New Year.  Yes my husband is Australia living in Singapore and we have 2 children.  so as we do not have a concrete date of when to relocating back to Australia, do I need to notify the immigration that I am not utilising the visa? well, we do go back visiting families twice a year for short stays but we don't live there or work there . 

Appreciate it very much

Florasabrina

1 minute ago, florasabrina said:

Hi AFV, thanks for the prompt advice and Happy New Year.  Yes my husband is Australia living in Singapore and we have 2 children.  so as we do not have a concrete date of when to relocating back to Australia, do I need to notify the immigration that I am not utilising the visa? well, we do go back visiting families twice a year for short stays but we don't live there or work there . 

Appreciate it very much

Florasabrina

You don't need to notify the Department. You are in fact utilising your visa, which allows for travel to/from Australia. Just be mindful of the expiry of your Resident Return Visa (the expiry date will be on the original visa grant notice, or you can check your current status on VEVO). You will not be able to travel back to Australia after the expiry of the RRV unless you renew it. At the time of renewing you will most probably not satisfy the residence requirement (2 out of 5 years in Australia) so you will need to show evidence of strong personal ties which you can do through living with your husband and children in Singapore.  

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

thanks! Excuse me for being greedy and add another question.  If i dont renew the visa when it expires (as we may not move back yet), will I need to apply from scratch again when we have the plan to be back? lets say if there is 2 years' gap, is the new visa treated as renewal or a brand new application?  We have not consider that far yet but i thought will be good to be equipped with the technicality :)

Cheers!

On 1/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, florasabrina said:

thanks! Excuse me for being greedy and add another question.  If i dont renew the visa when it expires (as we may not move back yet), will I need to apply from scratch again when we have the plan to be back? lets say if there is 2 years' gap, is the new visa treated as renewal or a brand new application?  We have not consider that far yet but i thought will be good to be equipped with the technicality :)

Cheers!

I am a bit confused, exactly what Visa type are you referring to?

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.