Ohhmyg

Some questions about partner visa

Hi, 

I am currently living in Australia on student visa 500 with limitation 8105. I am in a de facto relationship with my Australian boyfriend for 6 months now, together for 14 months. We are registered with the ACT government as civil partners.

1) I heard being civil partners would waive the 12 month de facto requirement- can someone please confirm?

2) I am aware that bridging visa A or B would be given to me once I lodge a partner visa application, but what sort of work rights would I have? I'm confused since my current visa's work rights are contingent on my studies but I have now graduated (student visa expires 2 months from now), so will I be able to work full time freely under the bridging visa? 

Thanks

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you Aussie_83.

May I also ask where can I find the full document checklist for subclass 820 801? I can't seem to find it on homeaffairs.. The immi account led me to the homeaffairs website for a document checklist but I can't seem to find it. 😕

Also, do documents like passport need to be certified? It doesn't seem to have been explicitly stated on homeaffairs (unless I've missed it), but my online research says that some people who have applied for partner visas have gotten their copies certified.

It's all here. 

Go to the step by step but.  They don't do it as a checklist as many found it confusing instead they break it down. 

As for certifying docs there is no mention as that was a requirement for paper lodged visas which is why they specify now full colour scans. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore/temporary-820#HowTo

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. in the form it says 'The person completing this form must provide evidence of their current name, age and, where applicable, Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency (for example, a certified copy of the birth certificate, Australian passport or passport containing a permanent visa). All copies must be certified.'..

so is it as per its requirements i.e., having to supply certified copies of their citizenship or are full color scans sufficient?

1 hour ago, Ohhmyg said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. in the form it says 'The person completing this form must provide evidence of their current name, age and, where applicable, Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency (for example, a certified copy of the birth certificate, Australian passport or passport containing a permanent visa). All copies must be certified.'..

so is it as per its requirements i.e., having to supply certified copies of their citizenship or are full color scans sufficient?

The ID documents must be certified as per the requirement on the Form 888

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

1 hour ago, AFV said:

The ID documents must be certified as per the requirement on the Form 888

Odd I didn't for most of my form 888's no issues. Just a colour scans of the passport. But then that's of the original and not a copy so different to the wording on the form which hasn't been changed since they started digital applications.

47 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Odd I didn't for most of my form 888's no issues. Just a colour scans of the passport. But then that's of the original and not a copy so different to the wording on the form which hasn't been changed since they started digital applications.

I'm sure if the Form 888 is submitted without certified copies it will not be an issue. However the problem we have with the forum is giving information that is inconsistent with published information by the Department. I'm sure the one time we say that it will be fine to submit a colour scan that is not certified, will be the time it is rejected. I always err on the side of caution in these circumstances. I can think of many situations where the information I give on this public forum is perhaps different to what is ordinarily done. 

Just adding to this. As the Form 888 is a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration, which must be witnessed. Why wouldn't you get your ID certified at the same time as having your signature witnessed. 

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

5 hours ago, AFV said:

I'm sure if the Form 888 is submitted without certified copies it will not be an issue. However the problem we have with the forum is giving information that is inconsistent with published information by the Department. I'm sure the one time we say that it will be fine to submit a colour scan that is not certified, will be the time it is rejected. I always err on the side of caution in these circumstances. I can think of many situations where the information I give on this public forum is perhaps different to what is ordinarily done. 

Just adding to this. As the Form 888 is a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration, which must be witnessed. Why wouldn't you get your ID certified at the same time as having your signature witnessed. 

Ahh fair enough. 

I had printed the forms and handed them to the people that aren't good with technology or have ready access to scanners and printers so easier to  get them to give me their passports for me to scan and upload. 

9 hours ago, AFV said:

IMMI protocol states that all 'declarations' (and Stat Decs) must be verified to authenticity.  Everything can be faked.

So, always ensure that the declarant's and witnesses to any document are contactable (easily) by IMMI.  I always suggest that you include a copy of the declarents and/or witnesses Passport with the declaration, and the valid phone numbers for all.

I remember one week, some years back, when I tried to ring and verify over 65 form 888's.   Without exception, every single declarant or witness was uncontactable.  You now understand my cynicism.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.