Cheryl

Husband Visitor Visa

Hi, 

Just wanted to know about my husband’s visitor visa which we have lodged on November 23rd 2018 and now it’s already has been 43 days marked and we still haven’t heard back from the department. 

Just to include I am Australian citizen and we already have lodged my husband’s partner visa. 

basically we have given the reason for my husband’s to travel here in Australia for Christmas and New Year and then our 1st wedding anniversary which is on 1st February 2019 now both the reasons for Christmas and new year has gone the only reason left is our anniversary please can anyone know why it’s a delayed and what is the sign if the reason for the visiting has already gone. 

Please help. 

Your husband visa processing is outside standard processing times for a standard visitor visa, but to give a better answer we need more information.

What visa did you apply for?

What country passport does he hold?

Where was the application lodged and how?

JSeeing it's a family sponsored one you are still within standard processing times. 

Given it's such a high risk country it will always be at the higher end of the wait time.  If you already have a professional representing you we wouldn't be able to advise much more than them. 

Processing times

• 75% of applications: 37 days
  • 90% of applications: 51 day

Aussie_83 is spot on with his post + the it's christmas/new year. 

Applying for a sponsored tourist visa is odd advice if your lawyer gave that to you. Normally you would just apply for standard tourist visa, given you have applied for a partner visa already, it's very odd advice to be given. 

17 hours ago, Nightcall said:

Aussie_83 is spot on with his post + the it's christmas/new year. 

Applying for a sponsored tourist visa is odd advice if your lawyer gave that to you. Normally you would just apply for standard tourist visa, given you have applied for a partner visa already, it's very odd advice to be given. 

Absolutely agree

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, AFV said:

Absolutely agree

As a rule, add 2 months to all processing times for any application submitted from Dec 1st to Feb 1st.

Holidays man !

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.