Hi, 

We are applying for a partner visa. It asks for proof of residential address and says it can either be a drivers license or a utility bill. 

My partner, who is the sponsor, has our address on her license, would that be ok? 

I also have a bank statement that has my name (the applicant) and the address on it but it does not say bank statements on the ? page. 

1605396520_Screenshot2019-01-06at11_06_36AM.thumb.png.6c59d0c945928fc39e1a3cf505245fe5.png

Thanks! 

You need to read what it says carefully, it say 'may' not must.

A bank statement will be OK, but really you should have better evidence than this. As an example look at whats required for 100 points of ID with most government places, they place a weighting/value on evidence so generally it's better if you have low value evidence to include multiple examples to increase the score. 

15 hours ago, Nightcall said:

You need to read what it says carefully, it say 'may' not must.

A bank statement will be OK, but really you should have better evidence than this. As an example look at whats required for 100 points of ID with most government places, they place a weighting/value on evidence so generally it's better if you have low value evidence to include multiple examples to increase the score. 

Thanks Nightcall. 

Will it be alright if we use my partners drivers license? Even though she is the sponsor and not the person seeking the visa? 

Thanks! 

A clarification:

The 100 points system used in Australia, is to establish IDENTITY, not your living address.

To establish proof of address, a current bank statement, a valid D/L with the correct address or address change sticker, electoral enrolment, or a letter from any utility, local government, state or Commonwealth department will suffice.  They key is making sure these documents are current (<30 days old).  I usually suggest the inclusion of multiple documents. Each individual must prove their own residential address.  You can not share address proof, even when married.

If really stuck, here is a generally unknown tip.  You can register yourself at your local Post Office (whilst providing 100 points of ID), this also suffices.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.