r_stevens

Question concerning visitor visa and return air ticket

Just now, r_stevens said:

I'm about to apply for a visitor visa to visit my sister and her family in Australia. Do I need to show that I have a return air ticket to submit the application?

**Apologies r_stevens In moving your post to this section I accidentally deleted it. I have reposted for you here. 

To make an application you do not need an air ticket. In fact, the Department advises that you should not book any travel arrangements until you have confirmation that the visa has been granted.

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, r_stevens said:

ALL good I thought it had disappeared. Thanks for speedy reply. I will hold off booking until I get the visa. Just wanted to take advantage of cheap flights.

But .... !!   Do not arrive in Australia without a return ticket.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, AussieDude said:

But .... !!   Do not arrive in Australia without a return ticket.

There is no requirement to have a return ticket and it's not grounds alone for a refused entry, you just need to be able to demonstrate that you will return, and a ticket is an easy way. 

~sigh~

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

3 hours ago, AussieDude said:

~sigh~

No need for your passive aggressiveness, if I am wrong, please supply the regulation or policy to show this, as I welcome the opportunity to learn and have my views questioned and challenged.

But how about you desist with this childish petulance.

6 hours ago, Nightcall said:

No need for your passive aggressiveness, if I am wrong, please supply the regulation or policy to show this, as I welcome the opportunity to learn and have my views questioned and challenged.

But how about you desist with this childish petulance.

Apologies, no offence intended or implied. The post was not directed at you in any way.  I did not quote you. It was a general and albeit casual 'observation' on this age old question.  Our fellow contributors have probably answered this question a 1000 times. 

Sorry if you took this personally.

Disclaimer: