firemansam

Partner Visa Update's - For Applications Submitted 2015

Seeing as there isn't one yet thought i might kick off this years partner visa update thread.

PMV sublcass 300
Submitted Ho Chi Minh City 4th March
Email of received application, payment taken and Medicals Requested 5th March
Medicals will be completed on the 16th March.

Police check was already done by my Fiancee at the end of January so we will have to keep an eye on the times and get a new one if this carries on to the 10 or 11 month mark.

First Hiccup was we filled out forms 40 and 47 on old forms and because they were not the current forms we have both had to fill out new ones which my fiancee will need to take a 12 hour bus trip to HCMC to give to VFS, but with the medical being requested immediately that makes the trip far more worthwhile.
Basically got the usual drivel about the visa process taking 12 months however they are expecting processing to take around 9.  Will believe it when i see it, however have heard of a few visa's being granted at 5 and 6 months out of Vietnam so here's hoping we can be one of those.

Was thinking of doing similar.
been checking the forums since 2012 getting advice first for tourist (successful 1st crack thanks) a nd now the waiting game for off shore partner lodged on-line. And time to contribute.
lodged 1/1 - one of tony's first suckers
medical 29/1
police 2/2 1 week for them to mail it
2 previous tourist Visa's. Lodged new tourist visa 26/1 approved 27/1.

Lucky you with the tourist visa, because my fiancee has studied and lived away from her family for the last 4 years we've decided she's going to no longer work and stay with her family until approval because we may not return to Vietnam for 18 months to 2 years after she comes here, so i have to wait for more vacation time from work in july to go back and see her.

Might miss her a bit and change my mind and get her over here for a couple of weeks but finances are a bit tight (thanks Tony).

Subclass 309/100

DOL: 13th January 2015

Type: Paper

Location: Colombia so application is being processed in Santiago, Chile

Health and Biometrics asked on 22nd January 2015 and sent a week later.

Still no CO assigned and when I called Santiago to confirm if my medical had been received the guy told me I will not necessarily be getting a CO

No other updates so far

Applied for a subclass 309/100 visa on the 9th March in London (online)

Received a case officer finally on the 15th April in which letter advised not to undertake health or police checks until 9th September. Now waiting until then to do this. letter said it will take 10-14 months!

Sub Class: 309/100

Date of Lodge: 15th Apr 2015

Type: Paper

Still waiting for the acknowledgement letter to be sent by Australian High Commission, New Delhi.

Finally got the acknowledgement and request for medical check on 30th Apr 2015. Booked a Medical appointment with Elbit Diagnostics, Bangalore on May 2nd 2015. Hopefully they will upload the results sooner so that ACH can make a decision on the Visitor Visa we have lodged after Partner visa was lodged.

Did you mail yours in SK? That may be why it took so long.

We were lucky my wife's medical for her previous tourist visa was still current took less than 24 hours from lodgement to be approved.

Kate you wouldn't have a CO yet I think that's a standard letter.

Have you had medical or pcc check as yet?

Hello All,

Hopefully getting down to the wire!!! Fingers crossed.

Via 309/100 - Philippines Wife, Married 2011 in Philippines.

DOL 23Dec2014 - Online by Melbourne Based Migration Agent

Case Officer Allocated 8April2015

New NBI, Census DOB, Medicals requested 8April2015

28 Days to comply.

All new requested docs submitted by 6th May 2015 Deadline.

On 9th April 2015, I asked my migration agent, so it will be another 7-8 months, 

She responded " Visa answer will be 1-2 months away, maybe less".

Will keep posted.

Anyone else in similar date ranges, already approved.

Cheers

I am using a Migration Agent (MA), so I haven't seen any correspondence from DIBP, just feed back from MA.

She advised me that a case officer was allocated on 8th April, and that a request for new NBI and other documents from Ecensus Phillipines, were required, which had to be sent direct from Department to Embassy, to ensure authenticity of the documents. My MA then sent my wife the HAP for the medical referral, and attended on 21st April, and that also was sent online by medical practitioners in Makati direct to Embassy.

I am not sure how much input Aust Embassy in Philippines is having on process, or if they simply vouch for Authenticity of documents, and forward onto DIBP in Australia.

Hi

I applied for partner visa in april 2015,

My medical is also done how much time it will take to the whole process. And how can i check my status online plz send me the link.

Thanx

Param

Hi,

how long after you subimitted your application did you received the medical request?

thanks

Subclass 309/100

DOL : 14 Feb 2015

Type : Online

No updates yet

Hi Maria,

Given the current processing times in India, for your case I believe there is another 6 -9 months before anything substantial happen.

Its a wait and watch game now, have patience (a lot of it)

Applying for 309 (offshore partner visa)

Date of lodgement 16th February 2015

Lodged Online

Cuban Citizen

Medical and PCC lodged along with application

Auto-reply said it would take between 9-12 months

No news. Just waiting.

The Australian Embassy in Bangkok appear to be 'pulling a stunt' on me! I submitted a visa application for my elderly Thai wife in Dec.2014 with all the correct paperwork, via a well known Thai law office, [as I expected that there could be unwarranted complications]. Sure enough, - They recently told both my wife and the legal firm that a visa would not be approved unless my wife supplied a WTFastan police report, where she worked for 14-months intermittantly over several years as a senior health consultant. The fact is that WTFastan only issues police reports for its citizens (not visitors), so the request is impractical, un-reasonable and therefor legally "null and void." I also strongly suspect that this mandatory requirement is not in the "Immigration Act" or any of its ammendments and I asked the Thai "case officer" to send me a copy, but of course I believe that this will never happen! Why do the Australian government  let in countless hundreds of "so called" refugees who: -

1) Have no police report, even from their own country of origin.

2) Have virtually no documentation, but loudly shout "Asylum."

3) Cannot understand or speak the English language.

4) Sometimes "queue jump" without even a passport.

5) Are often known criminals or suspected terrorists.

The Minister is 'talking tough' about visas being more stringent, plus more expensive, but they seem to be targetting respectable applicants and not the highly 'rat cunning and street wise' applicants, who know every "trick in the book." As taxpayers it is time for each of us to write letters of complaint to Immigration Minister Morrison, with copies to your local political representatives, news outlets,etc, telling them to cease their harrasment of "law abiding citizens" and target the suspected real criminals' visa applications. These are probably   placed in the "Too Hard Basket'" but somewhere later 'down the line,' they may get approved after constant nagging by the applicant.

I consider that what they are doing to my wife is highly unethical and most likely illegal under the legislated terms of the 'Immigration Act' or any of its ammendments; - (A government department proclaiming a new regulation, does not necessarily make it lawful).

Has any reader ever heard of this "Mandatory? Regulation"???