firemansam

Partner Visa Update's - For Applications Submitted 2015

having just lodged our 820 on 18 june 2015 ( already granted the 300 and married) i am wondering about the time it takes to get a c.o.

speaking to a friend who also applied in aust they got their 820 all done in under 3 months. that was 1 year ago and they were told it is much quicker as they were in aust and not applying from offshore... anyone heard of this?

not panicing here.... after a 10 month fiance visa i have learnt to wait.. just wondering. thanks

hi Pinkie,

I noticed that you are just 2 days ahead, I applied 6/19/2015 online. But my husband is not done yet with his online part (40SP), does this matter?

did you apply online? I haven't received medical request yet.

Thank you in advance

Hii...

my brother in law applied for me. He knows about how to apply 'cause he applied for his wife a year back.

so I don't know about (40SP) sorry I couldn't help you with your query.

Yes he had applied online. Don't worry about medical thing once your forms are complete they should send you the medical request.

Achieco - I Think you should have it by then so no stress, I think it took a couple of weeks for us to get it.

Pinkie no set time frame we waited a couple of weeks and had no issues

Thankyou for your reply.

I am planning to apply for Tourist visa next month. I think that should be fine?

Hi guys I am new to this forum but have been following it for some time now.  I am an Australian Citizen and my husband (Indian Passport) is on work visa in NZ so we applied for partner visa 309 from NZ. Does anyone know the processing time for applications in NZ? 

DOL: 27/01/2015

Submitted  the PCC and Medical with the application as per the Migration agent's advice. 

Hey friends...

I am going to get my medicals done soon for my partner visa.

I was a wondering that does pregnancy stop me from getting the medicals done? I have heard that the doctors recommend not doing the medicals.

and does being pregnant stop one from getting a tourist visa? I am going to apply for my tourist visa if the hospital allows me to do the medicals.

Please help !!

hmm this is a little off topice but still related in a way... got all excited as we lodged our 820.. then got granted the bridging A.. then yesterday finished uploading all the papers required by immigration.

we have signed my wife up for medicare. she has a tax file number because she works now and pays taxes.. yep the aussie dream is starting for her.. pitty the reality of it is also starting!

she works with a guy from war torn country who has very recently arrived.. she likes him but has become disallutioned in the last 2 days when she finds out he gets centerlink... refuses to complete the works tax file papers as he can double dip.. and he gets 510 hours free english study.. and rent assisstance... and although nice he is lazy at work.

now she comes from a farming community and if you dont contribute you dont get... well i found out today she will not get the english study, must wait 12 months?? till get the 820 tr visa. i knew she was angry when she said "i should just give my money direct to the guy working next to me.. will save your gov the time and paperwork"

so much for the dream... as for me a taxpayer for 36 years and do the right thing..my dream died along time ago so good luck to you all with your own aussie dream, carefull of the reality

Hi everyone, 

I am an Australian citizen living in England with my British partner. We applied for a partner visa online on January 26th 2015 and spent the following weekend uploading all the information the immi account requested (eager beavers, I know!) including ordering his AFP check and booking the medical for the following week. After his medical I had a few more things to upload to his account but had no more room, this is when I emailed the department through their online form to ask for advice. They then told us that I needed to set up an account and fill in documents, which I did and they then proceeded to tell us not to get the police checks or medicals done until July 27th! As you all would know, this was completely frustrating as we assumed we were doing the right thing by getting the information they had requested. In that email we were told that this woman would be our CO. Does anyone have any knowledge on processing times from England as the website says 5 months for low-risk countries but their emails say it could be 10-14 months? As all of you are, we are so eager to get back to Australia and start our lives together, as well as meet me brand new nephew and hopefully be back in time for my brother's January wedding!! Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!

hmm well the fact is you can never know how long it will take... really you just need to wait.

as for medicals yes you need to wait till you are told to get. police check is up to you and not for them to be critical about supplying it.. so forget that. but it states they will contact you about medicals because they will tell you where to get it and supply a special reference number.. so just wait

will you be here by january? i will guess as long as papers are in order and medicals done when required.. yes (imo)

Hi everyone,

I'm new here although I have been following this forum for a quite a while now and because I have recently applied for an onshore 820 (defacto) I thought it was time to be part of this forum.

I have applied on the 6th of July 2015, paper version, with medicals and Police checks !

I'm from France, been with my partner for two years, first arrived in Australia in August last year on a working holiday visa 417.

I have been told by immi (on the phone) that processing time would be between 6 to 13 months... We'll see I guess !

Haven't heard from them yet obviously as it's only been two days, but will let you guys know over the next few months!

Good luck everyone for your applications and remember patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet!

Hello everyone,

I am Australian citizen and my husband has a Jordanian Passport, we have applied and submitted the 309/100 Partner visa Online:

Date of Lodgement: 23/06/2015

Type: Online

Biometrics Requested : 23/06/2015

Biometrics Collected : 29/06/2015

Received a HAP ID & Medicals Submitted: 30/06/2015

I just have 1 question, should we wait till the Case officer asks us for a Police Clearance? or should we do it now and just upload it to the online IMMI account?

There is also a button that says "Request Complete" should we press that button  after uploading the police clearance? please help me, we are a bit confused with the online account

And also when i logged in to the eMedical Client, i got a PDF document with information about the Medical exam that my husband took, should i upload that to the immi account where it says "Evidence of Health"?

Please help us

Much appreciated

Thanks,

From my understanding is that you "DO NOT" press the Request Complete button until you have been asked for the Police check and it is completed or Immigration takes it that your paperwork is now completed and will make a decision on the information supplied to date.

Also just to answer another question earlier we have just picked up our granted visa's today from VFS Bangkok and were told Paper lodgements visa's are still being processed 9-10 months but all online lodgements are taking a full 12 months to process. I don't understand why but that is what we were just told at the immigration desk Bangkok

Hope this helps 

Hi friends,

DOL : 14/02/2015

Mode : Online Application

Citizen : Indian

PCC : Already submitted along with application

Anyone who applied in 2015 february got their visa grant?

Hi Aussie_83,

Thanks for the reply..One of my friend who applied on 13 February 2015 ,got their visa granted...thats why am confused now.

Hi Maria,

So your friend got their visa granted within 5 months? Wow do you know about the case? Thanks.

I was just about to apply for my wife and just about die when I saw how much the application FEE has increased I! I had no idea it was even happening ! I knew they did at the at the end of 2014 and expected the end of this year maybe a again. This Toni Abbot government has no heart ! Had saved enough to apply but now it is hard, to gamble so much money.

Details of the visa application fee increases have been released and here is a highlight:

• 2.3% increase for all Skilled Migration, Business Innovation and Investment, Employer Sponsored 457, Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visas
  • 5% increase for Parent, Working Holiday, Resident Return Visa (RRV) and Carer visas
  • 50% increase for Significant Investor Visas (SIV) and offshore Partner Visas

The significant increase is seen at the SIV category visa (which requires an investment of AUD 5 million) and Partner Visas lodged offshore. Offshore partner visa applications prices will have 122% increase in compare to December 2014 (in nearly 6 months). The Department first increased the fee from $3085 to $4630 from January 2015 and set another increase from $4630 to $6865 from July 2015.

Now is the time for applicants considering submitting a visa application to do so as fees are applicable at the time of lodgement. Some visa applications require other components that may take time to prepare and obtain, such as skills assessment and English exams so applicants are advised to begin as soon as possible to beat the fee increase on 1 July 2015.

Source:

http://www.immi.gov.au/pub-res/Documents/budget/VAC-increases-fact-sheet.pdf

hmm always read your emails..

we were granted our fiance visa 17 oct 2014 (my fiance from china looked at the "no reply" on the email and decided it was irrelevant it was actually the grant visa letter)

my fiance arrived aust 21 dec 2014

married 15 june 2015

820 submitted 22 june 2015

waiting the 5 to 9 months for the result

today i asked my wife to check her emails..

"why she asked"...

because you should check each week for any requests etc..

"oh i never bother because you said maybe 9 months to get the 820visa"...

well i just looked the immiaccount and our 820visa is "FINALLISED"

"oh i will look"

hmm they sent her an email 2nd july 2015.. we got the GRANT notice.. hehe

so much for 5..9...12 months. does not always apply i guess 10 days to approve the visa!!!! great job immi people.