Travel Insurance for Australian Tourist Visa

3 replies to this topic

#1 GoingDownunder

GoingDownunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

I want to take my wife for 2 weeks to Australia, is Travel insurance like mentioned here enough? I know how expensive medical is there now and would hate to have to spend all the money for  our trip on  some hospital visit

#2 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

I want to take my wife for 2 weeks to Australia, is Travel insurance like mentioned here enough? I know how expensive medical is there now and would hate to have to spend all the money for  our trip on  some hospital visit

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum GoingDownunder

Firstly, it is not a requirement that your wife have travel insurance as far as her visitor visa is concerned. However travel insurance is highly recommend for the reasons you have stated. Indeed medical treatment in Australia is extremely expensive. As with any insurance policy it is very important to note not only what is covered under the policy, but what isn't covered as well.  

Signature.gif

#3 sebastian

sebastian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

On all our overseas trips we have always used Covermore. Easy to book online.

Touch wood we have never needed to make a claim. 

#4 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

On all our overseas trips we have always used Covermore. Easy to book online.

Touch wood we have never needed to make a claim.

Yep, not having travel insurance can be very costly indeed. Just read this evening about a Kiwi guy that had a motor bike accident in Thailand and is now on life support in a Bangkok Hospital. His hospital and doctors bills are already up to NZ$150,000. Nasty stuff indeed.

We recommend using Fastcover for travel insurance

Signature.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users