indonesian partner visa

11 replies to this topic

#1 Missc

Missc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

I am just wondering if any one could help, I have recently met my new partner in bali a month ago in which I spend 1 week with him there, back in Australia now and I have been Skyping, facebooking and email my boyfriend since and it is getting very serious between us. I am going back in July to spend a week with him to further our relationship and once there we are going to apply for a visitor visa for him to visit me in Australia. My concern is would it be more advisable to just apply as his friend at this stage as we have only just been going out a short time (even though I have proof of us being together like photos, Skype & Facebook logs in that time) and that it would be not granted due to us only being together a short time and it looks like he is just looking for a holiday in Australia. But on the other hand I would like to spend 3 months with him in my country to further our relationship bit if I don't tell immigration of our relationship will they only grant him a short stay of 1 week or so and or wonder how we know each other. what would be the best outcome? I would prefer to be upfront and tell them that I wish to pursue this relationship further and want him to stay the full 3 months. Thanks in advance

#2 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

You should be fine to say boyfriend.
My 1st tourist visa for my now wife was fine 1st go, we had spent shy of 2 weeks together communicated for a tad over a month then applied.
You just make it clear in the application and in your support letter it is a holiday, all visa conditions will be adhered to and he will be returning back within the visa dates.
Note i'm no expert just advise based on my experience

#3 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

I am just wondering if any one could help, I have recently met my new partner in bali a month ago in which I spend 1 week with him there, back in Australia now and I have been Skyping, facebooking and email my boyfriend since and it is getting very serious between us. I am going back in July to spend a week with him to further our relationship and once there we are going to apply for a visitor visa for him to visit me in Australia. My concern is would it be more advisable to just apply as his friend at this stage as we have only just been going out a short time (even though I have proof of us being together like photos, Skype & Facebook logs in that time) and that it would be not granted due to us only being together a short time and it looks like he is just looking for a holiday in Australia. But on the other hand I would like to spend 3 months with him in my country to further our relationship bit if I don't tell immigration of our relationship will they only grant him a short stay of 1 week or so and or wonder how we know each other. what would be the best outcome? I would prefer to be upfront and tell them that I wish to pursue this relationship further and want him to stay the full 3 months. Thanks in advance

Ultimately it is an assessment of an applicants personal circumstances that will determine if they are intending to visit Australia as a genuine visitor.

If you consider each other to be in a relationship together, then declare that in the application. For a tourist visa is is not necessary to evidence that you are in a relationship, but they you have known each other for a sufficient period of time so that weight can be attached to your letter of support. If you have only known each other for a short period of time it is unlikely that any weight will be attached to your letter of support.    

Signature.gif

#4 Missc

Missc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

By the time we apply we would of know each other 2 months so I gather this wont be a sufficient amount of time. The thing is though I will be in back in Bali at this time and it will make it easier for us both to apply together as his English is very broken. I am still going to try and apply as in the month I have know him we are deeply in love and want to be together. Thanks for your help..

#5 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

By the time we apply we would of know each other 2 months so I gather this wont be a sufficient amount of time. The thing is though I will be in back in Bali at this time and it will make it easier for us both to apply together as his English is very broken. I am still going to try and apply as in the month I have know him we are deeply in love and want to be together. Thanks for your help..

My view is that two months is just not long enough for any weight to be attached to your letter of support. However if you apply and his visa is refused, then you can always reapply at a later date addressing the reasons for the refusal. 

If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through our website: Australian Visa Advice

Signature.gif

#6 Missc

Missc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:50 AM

Good news, we got the visitor visa, the only clause on the visa is he cant work. we are seriously thinking of marrying when he comes over.. so my question is, can this be done on a visitor visa and then apply for a partners visa why here in Australia or is there a better way of doing this? the cost involved are just so expensive, i am just a working mum with no money.. thanks for your help

#7 hopefullguy

hopefullguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

hmm i will be the bad guy here... red flag goes up. you know him a short time.. get a tourist visa.. marry him on the tourist visa.. then want to apply partner visa while still here..  from my info you cannot apply another visa while on the tourist visa. (call immi to confirm)

all the time you chat on phone, net, skype etc does NOT count to your relationship time. immi only look at the face to face meetings.

sorry but you will have a hard time proving your relationship with the very limited contact you have. bring him for a holiday then he can return to satisfy the visa.. you go back and visit and build a relationship. maybe then do a fiance visa..

desperate people will stand out to immi. sorry to say.

(just my opinions)

#8 Vego69

Vego69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

I would have thought that providing the tourist visa didn't have a 8503 condition  attached there would be nothing stopping you getting married and applying for a partner visa on shore? Providing of course you have $6,900 to spend that is.

As for the wisdom of marrying someone from overseas  you have only known for a few months well that's a matter for you......

#9 Missc

Missc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

When you know it right... I am a 40 years old.. so not stupid, thanks...but thank you for all your advise, just weighing up the options you know, so i know all my options... 

#10 Missc

Missc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

but thanks for calling me desperate much appreciated, though this was a board to help with advise...

#11 hopefullguy

hopefullguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

sorry if offeneded.. no intent but i was just trying to show you how immigration MIGHT view it.. (i base this on our 3 visas.. even though we knew each other for 5 years!)

. anyway after more research it seems.. yes as long as there is not a "no further stay" on the tourist visa a partner visa can be applied for and a bridging A will be automatically generated.

sorry for any offence.

#12 salsa

salsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

My partner and I got married in Australia when he was on a tourist visa. There is no law against getting married whilst on a tourist visa. His tourist visa had a "no further stay" condition on it which meant that he was not able to apply for his partner visa whilst in Australia. So we left Oz and applied for his partner visa offshore. Check the conditions on your boyfriend's visa and see if there is a "no further stay" clause.

Another point to consider is just becuse you get married doesn't mean you are exempt from having to provide a lot of evidence regarding your relationship. You still need to prove that you genuine, committed, and support each other. So be prepared.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indonesian, partner, visa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users