Nick09

Orphan Relative - Subclass 117 - MRT remit the application

Hi

I have applied for ORPHAN RELATIVE-SUBCLASS 117 visa for my brother. The application was refused, then I had it reviewed at the MRT. The MRT remitted the application.

I got an email about 2 months ago asking for medical and also Form 80 to be competed and also they asked for my latest tax assessment copy for the year ending 2012. Since I didn't work at that time I just sent them a letter from my current job and confirmation of contractual and fee agreement. Now it has been almost 45 days since I sent them all the requested documents .

My question is how long from now till they grant the visa

Thanks Nick

Hi

I have applied for ORPHAN RELATIVE-SUBCLASS 117 visa for my brother. The application was refused, then I had it reviewed at the MRT. The MRT remitted the application.

I got an email about 2 months ago asking for medical and also Form 80 to be competed and also they asked for my latest tax assessment copy for the year ending 2012. Since I didn't work at that time I just sent them a letter from my current job and confirmation of contractual and fee agreement. Now it has been almost 45 days since I sent them all the requested documents .

My question is how long from now till they grant the visa

Thanks Nick

HI Nick, congratulations on a positive result from the Migration Review Tribunal (MRT).

Unfortunately we cant give you an indication as to how long it will take. The best place to get an indication of this is from either the case-officer or DIAC itself.  

Okay thanks so that means after the MRT remitting the application, the visa will definitely grant the visa if the medical comes clear?

I don't know what the actual judgement of the MRT says, so I cant really answer that question.

If the MRT has remitted it to DIAC with a finding that the criteria is for the grant of the visa had been met, then subject to anything further outstanding, it would see so though.  

Good result.

Yes the MRT did find that the criteria has been met that's what the MRT decision says so now I submitted all the requested documents that has been asked for.

That is a great result then. Perhaps contact the case officer or DIAC themselves and see if you can get an update as to how long it will take for the visa to be granted.

Thanks I will contact the DIAC in few days I'm just waiting for the medical results to come back from Sydney it's been 4 weeks since they sent it to Sydney I don't know how long it takes for the medical clearance ?