4 replies to this topic

#1 Smooth

Smooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

Can someone provide some clarification on this question for me?

I've advised my Thai girlfriend to tick yes, because we plan for her to visit Australia multiple times and eventually move to live here with me.  But I'm curious as to what it means to the Case Officer and whether they think we want to not have condition 8503 imposed.  I was hoping they would consider a multiple entry visa, but maybe that's too much to ask for.

• Dwightea likes this

#2 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Can someone provide some clarification on this question for me?

I've advised my Thai girlfriend to tick yes, because we plan for her to visit Australia multiple times and eventually move to live here with me.  But I'm curious as to what it means to the Case Officer and whether they think we want to not have condition 8503 imposed.  I was hoping they would consider a multiple entry visa, but maybe that's too much to ask for.

What period of stay has she requested, and what is her reason for wanting multiple entry? The reasons must be consistent with that of visiting Australia as a genuine visitor only.  

#3 Smooth

Smooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

We have already applied for a prospective partner visa in June and completed medicals and police checks.  So we would be applying for a 3 month tourist visa to visit me in Australia, with me providing a letter of confirmation of sponsorship, support etc.  Her two sons will remain in Thailand and her father will look after her business, as best he can.  

So the multiple entry is mainly about possibly coming back before the partner visa is finalised and about coming to live when/if the partner visa is approved.

She's already been here 3 times before for 3 months, visiting her sister.

#4 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

We have already applied for a prospective partner visa in June and completed medicals and police checks.  So we would be applying for a 3 month tourist visa to visit me in Australia, with me providing a letter of confirmation of sponsorship, support etc.  Her two sons will remain in Thailand and her father will look after her business, as best he can.  

So the multiple entry is mainly about possibly coming back before the partner visa is finalised and about coming to live when/if the partner visa is approved.

She's already been here 3 times before for 3 months, visiting her sister.

From my experience, the Australian Embassy Bangkok have only been granting single entry 3 month tourist visas where they are applied for during the processing of a partner visa (marriage, de-facto, prospective marriage). The reason for this is that they do not want applicants subverting the offshore processing time (up to 12 months) by spending lengthy periods in Australia.  

#5 Smooth

Smooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

SO I guess that means we should tick 'No' to this question, to avoid them thinking we are expecting too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users