• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rhyme

rhyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hello, I am a bit nervous and confused. My boyfriend and I lodged a tourist visa application last July 5 for. This is my second time. Actually, the first time I applied for a tourist visa was approved and we got result after 8 days only. I'm wondering why it took over one month now for the second time and still the visa is on processing still. Is it because the first time I applied for it was im employed, and this time im not, and I make it sure that i didn't breach any laws in Australia during my first visit there. My boyfriend and I was so nervous now. My cousin lodged a tourist visa July 2 and the visa was delivered to her after 2 weeks. I lodged it July 5 and until now we didn't receive a call or text. Please help.

#2 decadence

decadence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Same case here; I applied on 3rd July and I'm still waiting. Had a phone interview two weeks ago as well. Called the High Commission today and they said the application has been recommended for a decision but it will be reviewed by a DIAC delegate, who will call me again for any further information, or will simply finalize the decision and email me. They said they will email the decision next week. So, fingers crossed.

#3 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Same case here; I applied on 3rd July and I'm still waiting. Had a phone interview two weeks ago as well. Called the High Commission today and they said the application has been recommended for a decision but it will be reviewed by a DIAC delegate, who will call me again for any further information, or will simply finalize the decision and email me. They said they will email the decision next week. So, fingers crossed.

Not long to go, well done. Please keep us updated.

#4 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hello, I am a bit nervous and confused. My boyfriend and I lodged a tourist visa application last July 5 for. This is my second time. Actually, the first time I applied for a tourist visa was approved and we got result after 8 days only. I'm wondering why it took over one month now for the second time and still the visa is on processing still. Is it because the first time I applied for it was im employed, and this time im not, and I make it sure that i didn't breach any laws in Australia during my first visit there. My boyfriend and I was so nervous now. My cousin lodged a tourist visa July 2 and the visa was delivered to her after 2 weeks. I lodged it July 5 and until now we didn't receive a call or text. Please help.

Welcome to the forum Rhyme.

Where did you both submit your tourist visa application?

Previous visa compliance is always a positive, but any subsequent tourist visa application must still meet ALL of the criteria necessary for the grant of that visa.

You state that you are now unemployed. This will be a concern, how are you going to support your stay in Australia?

Unfortunately you just need to sit tight and wait until you receive the notification. You can of course contact the post where you submitted the application and make inquiries there.

Good Luck. 

#5 rhyme

rhyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Welcome to the forum Rhyme.

Where did you both submit your tourist visa application?

Previous visa compliance is always a positive, but any subsequent tourist visa application must still meet ALL of the criteria necessary for the grant of that visa.

You state that you are now unemployed. This will be a concern, how are you going to support your stay in Australia?

Unfortunately you just need to sit tight and wait until you receive the notification. You can of course contact the post where you submitted the application and make inquiries there.

Good Luck. 

We submit the application to the Visa office of Manila, philippines which then gets sent to the embassy for processing.

I am unemployed now but my boyfriend is going to provide full financial support and has enclosed the necessary paperwork to do so and easily meets the requirements to provide financial support and accomodation. He actually did it on our previous visa also despite me having a job then.

He has made calls to Australian immigration and they say that the long waiting time is a standard thing and that its neither a good or bad thing... it just is dependant on the case officer and we were just unlucky to get slow one. Last time it was all settled in 8 days like my cousin this time. They also said that the only thing they care about is incentive to return home and not overstay. I have land in my name here and my entire family, friends and connections are here too. I am hoping thats enough evidence to be given a grant. Also as i stated, i didnt breach my first application and left on time. The only change between last time and this time is my employment status and nothing else.

But we have not had any phonecalls for further information whatsoever from my case officer. No phone interview or nothing and its been almost 1 month and 1 week since submission... Just as what happened with my cousin on her application and she had a quick approval. So we are keeping positive and waiting but the time is just getting so long now and emotionally draining. We missed our anniversary because of the mega long waiting time and it is really made us upset but we are doing our best to keep optimistic about it.

We are both just praying it all goes smoothly. I want to be with him again and this waiting is making us very nervous.

Thankyou so much for replying also.

#6 rhyme

rhyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

It's confusing and frustrating. Last week I sent an email message to the Embassy asking them about my application

I got a reply today and it says that they are waiting for the result of my medical.exams so that they cannot process my papers yet without it.

What is confusing me is that how will they get result of medical exam and where? I never received a call or text or email or letter asking me to undergo medical exam. We lodged the visa.last July 5 and we are still waiting for the result and now they message me that thy are waiting for medical result? how could this happen if they don't advise me to undergo medical??

please help.....

#7 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

It's confusing and frustrating. Last week I sent an email message to the Embassy asking them about my application

I got a reply today and it says that they are waiting for the result of my medical.exams so that they cannot process my papers yet without it.

What is confusing me is that how will they get result of medical exam and where? I never received a call or text or email or letter asking me to undergo medical exam. We lodged the visa.last July 5 and we are still waiting for the result and now they message me that thy are waiting for medical result? how could this happen if they don't advise me to undergo medical??

please help.....

You most definitely need to get in contact with the Embassy then and tell them you have not been advised that you are required to do a medical.

What visa have you applied for? 

#8 boby_oz

boby_oz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

from India New Delhi office after medical it takes only 10 days to approve

#9 rhyme

rhyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Well it seems it was an overlooking on my behalf. A medical was requested back on July 20 but we overlook the email. We wait a long time and it wasnt till we were made aware that i needed to undertake a medical that i found out it had previously been requested. Anyway we got an extension to comply granted and i performed my chest x-ray on august 29 and are currently waiting results. We are getting very nervous now as our decision will be due anytime and the clinic said it takes 7 days for results to reach the Australian embassy which has already surpassed.

Something i would like to know is this. If i have been requested to undertake medical, then that must mean everything else (ie finances, accomodation etc) must be okay because they wouldnt waste my time performing a medical and paying money for it when the rest isnt ok right? Also im wondering why i was requested to undertake a medical. I only apply for 3 months as i did last year and wasnt requested for medical last time but this time i was which is odd.

Another question is if i undertake a medical, then they might not add the "no further stay" rule right? Because i have undertaken medical requirements to be able to stay longer in Australia.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fingers crossed everything will be okay. Its very nerveracking after hearing of people getting refused for bizaar reasons. We are hoping for the best of us both.

#10 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Sorry for the late reply. Well it seems it was an overlooking on my behalf. A medical was requested back on July 20 but we overlook the email. We wait a long time and it wasnt till we were made aware that i needed to undertake a medical that i found out it had previously been requested. Anyway we got an extension to comply granted and i performed my chest x-ray on august 29 and are currently waiting results. We are getting very nervous now as our decision will be due anytime and the clinic said it takes 7 days for results to reach the Australian embassy which has already surpassed.

Something i would like to know is this. If i have been requested to undertake medical, then that must mean everything else (ie finances, accomodation etc) must be okay because they wouldnt waste my time performing a medical and paying money for it when the rest isnt ok right? Also im wondering why i was requested to undertake a medical. I only apply for 3 months as i did last year and wasnt requested for medical last time but this time i was which is odd.

Another question is if i undertake a medical, then they might not add the "no further stay" rule right? Because i have undertaken medical requirements to be able to stay longer in Australia.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fingers crossed everything will be okay. Its very nerveracking after hearing of people getting refused for bizaar reasons. We are hoping for the best of us both.

Generally they will leave medicals to last if they are needed for the tourist visa. I have never heard of someone being sent off to do a medical and then had their visa refused for not satisfying the genuine visitor criteria.

Undertaking the medical has nothing whatsoever to do with the decision whether to impose condition 8503 or not though.

Please keep us updated.

#11 Arun

Arun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

When applying for a new Tourist Visa, is it recommended to keep a chest xray/medical test result along with the application or is it needed only if they ask for it?

#12 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

When applying for a new Tourist Visa, is it recommended to keep a chest xray/medical test result along with the application or is it needed only if they ask for it?

NO medicals are only done after advised by the case officer to do so, and they MUST be done by an approved panel doctor. 

#13 rhyme

rhyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi again! Here i am with an update!

I have now finally completed an 8 week sputum culture and the results came back negative which is wonderful. How long does it take now before we are notified of a grant notice? I recall that everything else should be ok because they woould not have requested the medical if the rest wasnt ok... The medical clinic gave me immunization and told me they would forward the result of clearance to travel to the embassy but im hoping it is a quick process as we have been waiting so long. Im hoping to be in Australia by new years so fingers crossed i receive a grant notice in fast time. It has almost been 6 months since we first apply for this visitor visa and this whole experience has been emotionally draining for me and my partner and we just want to be together again already...

Also they told me my medical results are valid 1 year... if i apply again and they request medical again within the next 12 months... can they use my current results to make the process alot quicker than before?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users