Sign in to follow this  
craig1984

820 Onshore Partner Visa Application

Hi im just wondering if anyone on here has applied for a partner visa in August and has been granted yet?

Me and my partner applied on and got our conformation letter on the 1st of august and where just waiting now?

Hi same case with me I applied for my 820 partner visa on August 2012 and after waiting for 13 months I got a email stating that you will get case officer soon and if you have not submitted any documents keep it ready and I am still waiting. It has been 3 more months now like 16 months and total processing time was suppose to be 13 months.

Hi same case with me I applied for my 820 partner visa on August 2012 and after waiting for 13 months I got a email stating that you will get case officer soon and if you have not submitted any documents keep it ready and I am still waiting. It has been 3 more months now like 16 months and total processing time was suppose to be 13 months.

An subclass 820 visa is an onshore temporary partner visa. I don't know in any circumstances where processing is suppose to be 13 months. The current standard processing times are in fact between 6 months (low risk) and 8 months (high risk). I suggest you contact your case officer ASAP. 

Signature.gif

it states now if you look on the australian immigration web site that is 6-8 months but i spoke to immi a few weeks ago after applying to get my case prioratised which they knocked it back because of the situation i am in and they told me that they are processing applications fro jul-august this year which i good news i reckon

hi as i applied in august 2012 i have been alloted case officer on 10 dec and they send mail by post and further requirement needed is my AFP and medical.

but unfortunately m pregnant so cant do medical... now have to wait more.......

:-(

hey Shweatankush ,

Just wanted  to know , if you  applied  for  your partner visa in August 2013  or  2012 ,  because you  have mentioned 2012 . Just wanted to  know  because I  applied   for my visa around the August 2013  and  haven't  been  allocated a  case  officer  yet  been  16 weeks  and  over  and  nothing  heard  from  them , great if you  can keep me posted .

Thanks

Candy

Hi im just wondering if anyone on here has applied for a partner visa in August and has been granted yet?

Me and my partner applied on and got our conformation letter on the 1st of august and where just waiting now?

Hey  Craig ,

I had  applied  for my partner  visa  around  14 th August  2013 , and haven't  heard  anything   yet  .  Just an acknowledgment  letter  for  medicals and  nothing  after . Im  over  16  weeks and  no case officer  appointed yet  , can you  keep me posted  incase  you have  been allocated one . I have  tried  ringing these  guys  but  no one   answers the call  .    Such a  long  wait   makes me  so  upset  .

Thanks 

Candy

hi candy i applied on the 1st of august and got my notification letter on the 7th and still waiting i submitted everything upfront and still heard nothing ill keep you posted once i hear something . i applied for an onshore 820 what about you?

Hi I am an Australia PR holder and I sponsored my husband. He is in Australia on a 457 work visa.

• We applied onshore as a decision ready application through an Australian Agent, and both of us are Indian citizens.
  • Application Date: 27th June 2013 with Medicals and PCC , since he was already in Australia
  • No CO or any communication

We were told that it will be faster if applied from within Australia as a Decision ready application, but it seems like people in India have already received their visa who applied around the same time. 

I'm living in uk and British but I have a Australian passport.

Now wanting to return with my uk partner on a partner visa.

We are older so he will be entering Australia on a regular tourist visa can he apply in oz if we go over if so if applied on a regular tourist visa can he apply for a bridging visa?