student dependent visa 573

10877 replies to this topic

#21 diwas

diwas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hello Roshan, they say the average processing time as 3 months rather say 90 days. after that we can enquire about our status with the high comission. Did you not make any enquiry? Did you apply through a consultancy or independently? I had a friend who applied in september and got it in december. 

• RamKumar and deepuu like this

#22 mahalakshmi.612

mahalakshmi.612

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

I had called the embassy 2 days back and they said they have just started with the October processing..

#23 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Ok........then may be now its our turn..........if october application process has started..............

#24 diwas

diwas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

The one who applied in January was asked to give medical after 23 days of lodging the visa. He gave medical and is waiting for more than 3 weeks
  • roshan likes this

#25 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

I mean whats goin on with immigration department? The one who applied on october has no response till date and those who applied on jan already got medical. its rediculous............hundreds of such applicant are affected....why don't the understand.......they should process the application on first come first basis.......

#26 diwas

diwas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

There is nothing such as first come first serve. They do it very randomly and I heard decision date differs from case to case. Well if you are lucky enough then you might get to hear something good soon.

#27 cheshon

cheshon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hey everoyone,

I got mail from my CO stating that currently they r processing the application before 16 Sept 2013 and the file for oct r only allocated to the CO.  The CO said that my application will be processed in one month as they give priority to Students visa first due to lots of application being lodged for student visa.

#28 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Hi Cheshon....good to hear that u received mail from C.O.  Means our application are allocated to the CO? It means CO was assigned for our application right? I tried to contact high commission but did not connect. Can u plz give me the number of high commission for visa enquiry with country code? Means you will be getting your decision within a month thats great news..............may be medical request is on the way........Good luck bro for your visa...

#29 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Cheshon, Did you applied through consultancy or self??

#30 cheshon

cheshon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi Roshan

I applied through a Consultancy, n they rec mail from the CO.  Country code is +91.  The number of DIAC is 011-412210000, which i m dialing directly.  U r from nepal so u might have 2 dial 091-011-412210000. Try 2 remove the 0 after 91 if unsuccessful.  After dialing this number u will hear the welcome msg.  As soon as u hear the msg, dial 1 and 2 in the dialpad quickly, so it will take u directly to the Customer Support Executive extn.  It will take a while 2 reach but u will definitely reach it.  It can take upto 25 min depending upon the cue.  After dialing 12, there will be dialer tune change, n once u r call is about 2 connect u will hear change in dialer tune and it will beep..beep continuously, n then u can talk with CSE.

N 1 more thing, DIAC never assess applications randomly.  They r done in a date lodged listing wise, and higher priority is given 2 student and visitor visa than other visas.

#31 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Thanks Cheshon. u and me were jst 2 days before and after. You already have CO assigned and my still no sign...............m getting tensed now.....The one who applied in january already got medical request but we still waiting for it. God knows how long it gonna take further..........uffffffffffffffff................

#32 mahalakshmi.612

mahalakshmi.612

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

roshan, you may have a case officer assigned to you...you call them up and ask...

i wonder when will november applications start :-|

#33 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

hi mahalakshmi..............the C.O has not been assigned yet. If it was they would have inform. You applied on november. Seems it gonna take longer.  I heard october application has jst started........How long it gonna take mine still unknown.............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god help me..................

#34 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Did anyone got reply from high commission stating that C.O has been assigned for october list??

#35 cheshon

cheshon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hey roshan,

Just try 2 call up the High Comm., u must have got a CO assigned.  I also called up myself when i came 2 knew that i have CO assigned.  My consultant got mail 5 days later.  If u have applied through agent, then ask them if they have rec mail or not, or ask them 2 make an inquiry.  U will have 2 take all the initiatives.  Bst of luck.

#36 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

i tried but i could not reach them. When asked to agent he said he did not receive any mail from high commission yet.

#37 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

My consultant told me once C.O is assigned they request for the medical. Did you receive medical request cheshon?

#38 roshan

roshan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Today I got following mail from high commission...

Dear Client ,

Thank you for contacting the Department of Immigration & Border Protection.

We appreciate that processing of your application has extended beyond the service standard of 14 weeks.  We apologise for the inconvenience and difficulty that you are experiencing as a result of the time being taken to finalise your application.  The following information may assist you to understand the reasons for the delay.  The Australian High Commission in New Delhi has been receiving a significantly higher volume of applications than is usual over the last few weeks.  This has been impacting on the processing times as case officers work to get through these cases.

Applications for student dependants, including your case, have been particularly affected as priority must be given to applications for students with impending commencement dates.  We are currently processing student dependant applications that were lodged towards end of September and October.

Department  will contact you if further information required or when a decision made on the application.

#39 cheshon

cheshon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

hi Roshan,

I have also rec the same email, but it is from my CO.  U must have also got a CO assigned.  But in my email ... it was written that We are currently processing student dependant applications that were lodged before 16 september.

So they r now moving with sept and oct applications.

#40 cheshon

cheshon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

can u tell who rec this email.  U or ur agent, there must be also the CO name written underneath this email

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: student, dependent, visa, 573

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)