kiwitraveller007

Applying for subclass 461 (NZ citizen family relationship (Temporary)) while on a visitor visa

Hi there

My husband, baby and I are about to relocate to Australia (husband has a job offer there). He is a NZ citizen, however I am not. 

Would it be ok for me to accompany him on a visitor visa, and then while im in Australia, apply for the subclass (461) visa?

He is moving mid Feb so things are pretty rushed for us

Thanks in advance

Hi there

My husband, baby and I are about to relocate to Australia (husband has a job offer there). He is a NZ citizen, however I am not. 

Would it be ok for me to accompany him on a visitor visa, and then while im in Australia, apply for the subclass (461) visa?

He is moving mid Feb so things are pretty rushed for us

Thanks in advance

What passport do you hold? 

Are you eligible for an ETA visa? Or are you limited to applying to a subclass 600 visitor visa which may have the condition 8503 attached?

Signature.gif

I hold a malaysian passport. I see on the list that I am eligible for an ETA. Does this mean i would be allowed to apply for the subclass 461 once I'm inside Australia?

An ETA will not have condition 8503 on it. This means you can make a valid visa application in Australia for another visa. HOWEVER you must of course meet ALL of the eligibility criteria for any visa you are applying for, 

Signature.gif