Anna.M.

Prospective marriage visa (Subclass 300)

Hi Everyone!

It would be great to hear from anyone who has also lodged their Prospective marriage Visa (subclass 300) last year. I lodged mine on 21 of October.  But have no idea on what stage is it. The last documents they are required is NOIM updated version, as the first one I have sent in January, with the intended marriage date in February. In August it will be 10 months as I sent my application.

hi anna,my partner and i put her application in at Bangkok on Oct 1st 2014.

have not heard anything since that date?

the applications was complete, medicals,police report and a marriage date.

been 9 months this month ( june )

would like to hear some other peoples time frames

cheers

I am heading to Bangkok July 13 to apply for PMV , from what i am hearing, it wont be an easy or fast process. Any advice would be appreciated. I have spoken to an agent in Bangkok and he said it is much faster if you marry in Thailand first.

My partner lodged her PMV paper application at VFS in Bangkok on 28 September 2014. Apart from requests to have the medical and police checks we have only heard from DIBP in Feb 2015 when they asked for an additional document. They then indicated her application was now complete and the wait began. My partner currently has a 12 month multi entry tourist visa and is in Aust at the moment. We are now waiting for an email requesting she leave the country so her visa can be granted. We are hopeful this will happen sometime in July or early August (9-10.5 months).

Hi Numnuts, did you get married in Thailand already? When i visit in July to apply for PMV, do you think it would be possible to apply for a 12 month multi entry tourist visa at the same time?? My tg left Aus on May 24th , i am not sure if there is a time limit before she can apply again. I hope you will get the good news soon mate.

Hi Ambo, we are not married yet we will wait until my partner gets her sc300. If we married earlier we would have needed to convert to a sc309. My partner had several single 3 month tourist visas before applying for the PMV. 3 months after she applied for the PMV she asked for and was granted a 12 month multi entry tourist visa. It's my understanding that once you submit a partner visa application that is accepted then you are likely to get a longer multi entry tourist visa. With the multi entry she can still only stay a max of 3 months on each visit.

Hi everybody again, as I see nobody who applied after September got Visa yet. As I was informed, the standard procedure for documents processing is 10-14 months. Isn't there no one who got Visa earlier that date? and isn't there other ways to get it sooner, than the standard? 

Greetings everyone !!!

What is the wait time for a partner visa who already married?

Thanks in advance!!!!

My wife an Australian citizen. we got married in India. Lodged at VFS office June 2015 and requested to complete medicals on same month within a week.Medical completed / PCC completed .

Is it something normal process how long would it take to get further ?

Thanks 

In Bangkok it seems that sc309 (married and defacto) and sc300 (PMV) take the same amount of time. Up until recently the average seems to be about 9 months, I know of 2 recently (8.5 mths and 10.5 mths). I did hear that with the increasing number of applications that this average waiting time will go out to 10 mths or more after June 30. If you have complications such as medical, character or custody issues etc that need to be resolved then your wait time could be significantly longer than the average. My partner has a return airfare at 10.5 months wait time (mid August), hopefully she will be notified it is ready for decision before then, if not she will return to Thailand and wait.

Hi Everyone!

It would be great to hear from anyone who has also lodged their Prospective marriage Visa (subclass 300) last year. I lodged mine on 21 of October.  But have no idea on what stage is it. The last documents they are required is NOIM updated version, as the first one I have sent in January, with the intended marriage date in February. In August it will be 10 months as I sent my application.

Hi

We applied last 19th September at London for the PMV 300. No news yet but fingers crossed for news soon

I am heading to Bangkok July 13 to apply for PMV , from what i am hearing, it wont be an easy or fast process. Any advice would be appreciated. I have spoken to an agent in Bangkok and he said it is much faster if you marry in Thailand first.

That is absolutely not correct. Marrying in Thailand does not play any part in partner visa processing time frames.

Just in relation to current processing time frames for partner visa application submitted in Thailand, including prospective marriage visa applications, I was recently advised by the Visa and Immigration office at the Australian Embassy Bangkok that applications will be taking right up to the 12 months from date of application to process.

Signature.gif

regarding the above post of  12 month processing time for PM visa , is that waiting time as of this year?

my partner and i applies oct 1st 2014, this month( july )…been 10 months so fare.

has anyone applied around the same time?

would be great if some couples out there could put their waiting period up here.

thanks in advance

regarding the above post of  12 month processing time for PM visa , is that waiting time as of this year?

my partner and i applied Oct 1st 2014, this month( july )…been 10 months so fare.

would be great if some couples out there could put their waiting period up here.

thanks in advance

my partner and i applied Oct 1st 2014, this month( july )…been 10 months so fare.

thanks in advance

We lodged in Bangkok and DOL 10 September 2014 we were notified on the 20th Feb 2015 that it was in the final stages no more information required and to expect a decision June - July but to date we haven't heard anything. From what we can see the visa process has changed dramatically since the 1st July, each visa is being checked thoroughly before decision is made. I read on another post that a PV was rejected because the couple didn't have a joint bank account. It appears that the new immigration department (or combined Border & immigration) is now taking the full 12 months to process visa's. Before the new financial year we were hopeful that we would soon be able to start our lives together but it looks as though we will have to wait and other 2-3 months at least we are nearing the end.

WMB I don't like to burst your bubble but if you applied on the 1 Oct then you are at the 9 month stage the 1st of August will be 10 months  

We lodged in Bangkok and DOL 10 September 2014 we were notified on the 20th Feb 2015 that it was in the final stages no more information required and to expect a decision June - July but to date we haven't heard anything. From what we can see the visa process has changed dramatically since the 1st July, each visa is being checked thoroughly before decision is made. I read on another post that a PV was rejected because the couple didn't have a joint bank account. It appears that the new immigration department (or combined Border & immigration) is now taking the full 12 months to process visa's. Before the new financial year we were hopeful that we would soon be able to start our lives together but it looks as though we will have to wait and other 2-3 months at least we are nearing the end.

WMB I don't like to burst your bubble but if you applied on the 1 Oct then you are at the 9 month stage the 1st of August will be 10 months  

Aussie,

You have raised some very interesting points.

I too think that there has been some drastic changes to changes to partner visa processing time frames, and the information I have received recently from the Australian Embassy Bangkok is that processing is now taking up to 12 months. 

In relation to the partner visa you referred to being refused because the applicant and sponsor didn't have a joint bank account, I simply cannot accept that this was the sole reason for the refusal. If a partner visa is refused, the Department of Immigration must give reasons for its decision and allow the applicant to response. A partner visa refusal can also be appealed through the Migration Review Tribunal.

There are many factors that the Department of Immigration will take into consideration when assessing whether a relationship is genuine, and having a joint bank account is just one factor only. For those that are interested look at Regulation 1.15A of the Migration Regulations that provide for all of the circumstances that are taken into consideration. 

Signature.gif

agree with that... a joint bank account means nothing.. i recently married and i dont recall anything requiring us to have a joint bank account... also we did not have wedding rings. i do not believe in them and they are not part of my wifes culture (chinese) so our vows were legally binding for the wedding ceremony.

dont beleive everything you "hear" about. stick to making sure you supply as much info as you can... also 1 tip that i think helped us greatly was sending and updated relationship letter... its on the checklist. we did ours after 9 months.. but now we have logded our 820 so will do one every 3 months

Just letting everyone know 

We just got our Partner visa granted we lodged Bangkok 10th September 2014 and granted 6th July 2015 

9-10 Months so they are still processing less than 12 months

Yahhhhhhhhhhh

Just letting everyone know 

We just got our Partner visa granted we lodged Bangkok 10th September 2014 and granted 6th July 2015 

9-10 Months so they are still processing less than 12 months

Yahhhhhhhhhhh

That's wonderful news. Congratulations.

Note that this was an application lodged on the 10 September 2014. Information I have recently received from the Australian Embassy Bangkok is that partner visa applications lodged now are expected to take 12 months. 

Signature.gif

That's wonderful news. Congratulations.

Note that this was an application lodged on the 10 September 2014. Information I have recently received from the Australian Embassy Bangkok is that partner visa applications lodged now are expected to take 12 months. 

Yes I think that is right for new applications but we were told on the 20th Feb 2015 that our paperwork had been completed and no further information was required and that the application was just waiting for a decision. So I assume our visa application had already been processed ready for a decision to be approved which we were told that a decision would be given June - July (which it was 6th July)

Also I don't know if it made any difference but my wife has 2 boys who were also on the application.

In the time it took to process our Partner Visa we contacted immigration 2 times via email requesting information about English Language classes for the boys. Not about processing time and then one other time we rang about the progress of our application which was in February and then 2 days later we were notified via email that we had progressed to the final stage. From my opinion if you ring all the time for updates it only prolongs your visa.

I hope this information helps other's