outback

Moving To Melbourne, Where To Stay Close To Cbd

Looking at moving to Melbourne, what is the best area to be around the CBD where public transport is good and not overly priced.

Other than that what is a reasonable car to get thats reliable and well priced for commuting

Hi Outback,

Im currently residing in Nz but a Melbourne local and PT expert!! With regards to living near the CBD generally places like Richmond, South Yarra, Abbotsford/Collingwood are great but rent is usually pricey. Id go for upcoming areas like Yarraville where its still easy to get to CBD but rent costs are much lower. Lots of restaurants/cafes and train into CBD takes 10 mins max. Public transport in Melbourne is pretty good as you have trains, trams and buses. Try to stay in zone 1 as it can be costly paying for a metcard for 2 zones per week. Hope that helps.

Hi everyone, I am new in this group. I am interested in property investment but have had some pains in buying and selling, even in renting.

To reduce some cost and make the investment process more efficient, I came up with this idea of making a website, a P2P marketplace FREE to post listings for sale, for rent and to buy & to rent. See www.pickahouse.com.au .

Therefore, vendors and landlords will not 'blame' agents for the $$$cost of advertising, and buyers & tenants will have a place to say what specific requirements they have from a property.