geebz

Bridging Visa A With No Work Condition

Hi!

I have a couple of questions, hoping that someone has or had a similar experience.

I applied for a Carer Visa onshore and has been granted a Bridging Visa A with a "NO WORK" visa condition as immigration followed the conditions on my previous substantive visa.  Also, I have been advised that it may take up to 4 1/2 years for the processing of my visa.

My questions are as follows:

1)  According to the immigration website, I can have the above visa condition removed using form 1005 if I can prove that I am in financial hardship.  Will removing this affect my carer visa application in any way and how can I prove this?

2)  In my bridging visa grant notice, I was advised that I may be eligible for Centrelink or Medicare benefits, but when I visited Medicare and applied, they said they cannot do it because of the "No Work" condition on my bridging visa, which got me confused.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you so much and hoping for some answers!

Hi!

I have a couple of questions, hoping that someone has or had a similar experience.

I applied for a Carer Visa onshore and has been granted a Bridging Visa A with a "NO WORK" visa condition as immigration followed the conditions on my previous substantive visa.  Also, I have been advised that it may take up to 4 1/2 years for the processing of my visa.

My questions are as follows:

1)  According to the immigration website, I can have the above visa condition removed using form 1005 if I can prove that I am in financial hardship.  Will removing this affect my carer visa application in any way and how can I prove this?

2)  In my bridging visa grant notice, I was advised that I may be eligible for Centrelink or Medicare benefits, but when I visited Medicare and applied, they said they cannot do it because of the "No Work" condition on my bridging visa, which got me confused.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you so much and hoping for some answers!

I certainly don't think having the no work condition removed from your bridging visa will effect your carers visa application. I am sure it is quite possible to balance your carers duties with that of some employment. However if you are working a 40 hour weeks and you are a full time carer, might be hard to see how you are doing both. 

With regards to any Centrelink entitlements, I don't pretend to know the in's and out's of what you need to qualify for payments, so best you find the right person at Centrelink to discuss what benefits you are entitled to, if any.

Signature.gif

Requesting the no work condition removed, suggests the original basis for application (Carer) is no longer valid.  Be careful.....  this is subject to the interpretation of the Immi Officer, and there are poor guidelines here.

I would ask for a Limited work release of say 20 hours per week, Initially. Reasonable and suggests there is still time to be a carer.

Then, give it a couple of months, ask for the condition to be removed completely.  If they refuse, you still have 20 hours.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

As soon as the bridging visa is issued you will receive a temporary Medicare card.  You are not eligible for Centrelink on a Bridging visa, assuming under retirement age.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.