simplesam18

Australian Visitor Visa - Sponsored By My Friend

Hi everyone. I am from Philippines. I am 34 years old. I have a friend from Australia, Australian citizen, who invited me to spend holiday Christmas with his family. He will pay the expenses of my trip and other needs. I have known my friend for almost a year. I also met him and his father when they attended my university graduation day last March 2015. And we are applying for Visitor's Tourist Visa. (6 month visa)

1.) What application form we need to fill in?

2.) My friend will apply the tourist visa on behalf of me, do I need to submit some requirements? I only have passport. What are the requirements my friend need to submit for himself?

3.) Which is more safe, secure and advisable, applying online or through postal mailing?

4) My friend is in Australia. if we use postal mailing, where do we send/address our application since he apply on behalf of me?

5) We plan that I'll be in Australia on October 2015. How many weeks we will receive our visa?

6) Do I need to be interviewed/visit Australian Embassy here in Manila?

7.) What are the documents that I need to bring or present in immigration when traveling or in

the airport?

Please help and guide me. Thank you very much.

-SimpleSam18

Hi everyone. I am from Philippines. I am 34 years old. I have a friend from Australia, Australian citizen, who invited me to spend holiday Christmas with his family. He will pay the expenses of my trip and other needs. I have known my friend for almost a year. I also met him and his father when they attended my university graduation day last March 2015. And we are applying for Visitor's Tourist Visa. (6 month visa)

1.) What application form we need to fill in?

2.) My friend will apply the tourist visa on behalf of me, do I need to submit some requirements? I only have passport. What are the requirements my friend need to submit for himself?

3.) Which is more safe, secure and advisable, applying online or through postal mailing?

4) My friend is in Australia. if we use postal mailing, where do we send/address our application since he apply on behalf of me?

5) We plan that I'll be in Australia on October 2015. How many weeks we will receive our visa?

6) Do I need to be interviewed/visit Australian Embassy here in Manila?

7.) What are the documents that I need to bring or present in immigration when traveling or in

the airport?

Please help and guide me. Thank you very much.

-SimpleSam18

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum,

The current visitor visa application form is the Form 1419 (Application for a Visitor Visa - Tourist Stream). You can download all current Department of Immigration forms from their website.

Your friend does NOT apply for the visa on your behalf. You are the applicant, and therefore you must apply for the visa yourself in the Phillipines.

I suggest in the first instance, you download the current application form and be guided by that form as to what supporting documents you will need to submit with your application. 

After you have done the above we will happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Signature.gif

Hello Admin,

I have already lodged my application online (6 months tourist visa)(via immiaccount) last July and I received a confirmation letter right after I submitted my application and after 4 days, I attached supporting documents (based on the checklist). And my status is "Application Received".

1.)How do I know that my application is processed? Are there changes on "status"? 

2.)Do I need to have a medical exam? Or do I need to wait an advise/ a call/ an email from an officer from immigration of which kind of med exam I need to take?

My friend ( the one who invited me) told me that I don't need medical exam because I am healthy and am only applying for tourist visa. My classmate (Oz citizen) was also telling me that I should wait for an advise for med exam from the office. I am just confuse about this matter because it might affect my application. Please enlighten my mind. Thank you.

Hello Simplesam,

Thanks for the update on your tourist visa application.

Be guided by the status updates on your Department of Immigration account and any requests for further information, such as requests for a medical etc.

With respect your friend is making statements that are totally inconsistent with Australia's visa and immigration rules. If a person is from a high risk country and they apply for a tourist visa requesting a stay of more than 3 months, then a medical (radiological) test will be required.  

A high risk country is any country that is not eligible for an ETA visa. Whilst I am not sure what country you a from, some example of high risk countries are Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines. 

Signature.gif

Hello Admin, I received my visa grant today. It took 36 days(I applied last Sept 7,2015 and granted Oct 13,2015)This is my re-application since my first application was refused. The reasons why my first app was refused were many...no strong ties with my country (to return back), no travel history, my 6 months visa app was too long since it's my first time to travel outside the country.I really lack many documents to give info about my status in the Philippines. But they were satisfied with the financial capacity of my friend.

There's always hope for unemployed applicant like me, still considered as fresh grad, to be granted for Tourist Visa. I and my friend reduced my stay instead of 6 months, it became one month though we're granted 3 months. I chose not to find a job this year because I wanted to relax after studying and helping my family in our home industry type of business. My friend sponsored me for my trip and expenses. What I did...I just tell them honestly that it's my first time to travel, then I submitted a good moral character from my school and one certificate of my internship from the hospital, I asked my sister to write a letter (in behalf of my family)about me..,NBI clearance, voter's certification, Dental appointment for January, I mentioned two important occasions why I need to get back in my country (The Sinulog Festival here in Cebu and my father's death anniv. on February that I need to attend),a letter of intent with itinerary signed by me and my friend, his invitation letter, two photos of me and my friend and I promised them that I will NOT overstay in Aust. It was a long letter, 5 pages, to ensure that I sufficiently address all the reasons of refusal. I don't have properties, just purely sponsored by a friend.

I'm glad that my visa was granted and I will spend my Christmas holiday in Aust. Thank you for this forum. It helps! Good luck to all visa applicants. Patience is a virtue.

-simplesam18

SimpleSam, 

Reading your post I think you git a visa? yes?

So Congratulations!  Proves you can do this without a Visa Agent.  well done.

Yes, as you said, do not, never, dont over stay.  This is a test.  If you do what is right, Immi will trust you next time.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Hi everyone. Before booking a round trip ticket, I would like to know if it would be fine to move the dates/days of my travel, not the same as what I have written in my visa app proposed travel dates? My (3 month)TV expires on April 2016. Thank you.

Hello Admin, I received my visa grant today. It took 36 days(I applied last Sept 7,2015 and granted Oct 13,2015)This is my re-application since my first application was refused. The reasons why my first app was refused were many...no strong ties with my country (to return back), no travel history, my 6 months visa app was too long since it's my first time to travel outside the country.I really lack many documents to give info about my status in the Philippines. But they were satisfied with the financial capacity of my friend.

There's always hope for unemployed applicant like me, still considered as fresh grad, to be granted for Tourist Visa. I and my friend reduced my stay instead of 6 months, it became one month though we're granted 3 months. I chose not to find a job this year because I wanted to relax after studying and helping my family in our home industry type of business. My friend sponsored me for my trip and expenses. What I did...I just tell them honestly that it's my first time to travel, then I submitted a good moral character from my school and one certificate of my internship from the hospital, I asked my sister to write a letter (in behalf of my family)about me..,NBI clearance, voter's certification, Dental appointment for January, I mentioned two important occasions why I need to get back in my country (The Sinulog Festival here in Cebu and my father's death anniv. on February that I need to attend),a letter of intent with itinerary signed by me and my friend, his invitation letter, two photos of me and my friend and I promised them that I will NOT overstay in Aust. It was a long letter, 5 pages, to ensure that I sufficiently address all the reasons of refusal. I don't have properties, just purely sponsored by a friend.

I'm glad that my visa was granted and I will spend my Christmas holiday in Aust. Thank you for this forum. It helps! Good luck to all visa applicants. Patience is a virtue.

-simplesam18

hi can i asked how did you applied if yo got your visa refused do you need to write a letter adressing the refusal of your visa been to australia few times and now i got denied and want to reapply again can i apply soon got my result last week.

hi im new here  i want to ask about how soon you can reapply after you got denied i been in OZ few times and this is the first time i got denied said i dont have strong ties to go back here , i am unemployed .Do I need to write a letter addressing for the refusal of the visa. ? can you please tell me what other docs did you send this time .My boyfriend will sponsoring everything and the docs i submitted on my behalf,ploice clearance,birthcertifcate,bank certifecate,copies of my history travels,passport ,what else do i need to submit ,my bf give me all his docs..?

can you please help me!

-simplesam18

WHen did you lodged your first application i got my denied last week been to oz few times can i reapply again ? can i asked you what are those things you did to get the visa granted ./? can my sponsor write an intent letter in behalf of my family  ?and do i need to write a letter adressing the refusal of the visa can i get your email address?

Hello ronA_crisna.

Sorry to hear that you got refused.  Actually, it's my first time to travel outside the country and I wanted that Aust is my first country to visit. I applied last July and got refused on August and re-applied Sept 7 and granted by October. Well, you can re-apply anytime you want. You need to have enough time to prepare for your docs before you re-apply TV..

How many times you've been to Aust? Is this your second, third or fourth visit to Aust? Were you granted single or multiple entry before? Were you able to depart from there before your visa expire? Did you follow the conditions stated in visa grant?

Yes, you need to write a letter addressing the reasons of refusal. No need to attach your refusal letter in your application. As what you have said, "no strong ties" as one reason why you got refused, so you need to include in your letter your intention why you want to visit Aust again and state valid reasons.. examples... you have special occasions/activities/job/projects/med appointment/trip to other place/school/community activities, properties, business, kids, your responsibilities and obligations to your family, family gatherings...etc. that you need to do or attend when you come back in your home country and don't forget to provide a document/evidence which confirm and supports your strong ties and you will exit Aust before your visa expire.

"..can my sponsor write an intent letter in behalf of my family?"  what do you mean by this? You mean...your sponsor will compose/formulate a letter in behalf of your family? I suggest, it's better that you will request one of your family members to write a letter to support your visa application. For example, you ask your parents, brother or sister, (writing a letter in behalf of your family) stating that they support/allow you to spend some time for vacation in Aust and they will expect/waiting for your return because of this and that (reasons)...etc. If possible, the ideas really comes from your family than letting your sponsor compose a letter for you. Just a short letter with valid reasons in it.

One thing I would like to share..I have read some advises from experienced travelers and successful visa applicants. They said that, don't apply immediately after you've just return from a vacation(from Aust) because you will be refused and it will give suspicious thoughts to Immi. Just give another month(s) before you apply TV for your next visit in that country. Just be honest with your motivation why you need to visit Aust again. And if you're in a relationship, tell them honestly the status of your relationship. You need to prove to them that you're a genuine visitor.

This is based on my experience and on what I have read and heard from successful visa applicants and friends. It's a case to case basis. I hope it helped you.

hi im new here  i want to ask about how soon you can reapply after you got denied i been in OZ few times and this is the first time i got denied said i dont have strong ties to go back here , i am unemployed .Do I need to write a letter addressing for the refusal of the visa. ? can you please tell me what other docs did you send this time .My boyfriend will sponsoring everything and the docs i submitted on my behalf,ploice clearance,birthcertifcate,bank certifecate,copies of my history travels,passport ,what else do i need to submit ,my bf give me all his docs..?

can you please help me!

Being unemployed is not good.It just undermines your intent to return.

Do you have family you look after full time, that often helps, letter from family doctor etc.

Again, Your boyfriend cant actually sponsor a tourist visa, you must apply and qualify on your own merits.  But offers of accomadation and living expenses does help.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

hello simplesam18

Ive been to australia four times and this is my fourth times to apply. Can you give me an example how to compose  a letter addressing for the refused visa ?

Yes i complied the visa conditions i came back here in the philippines before my expiration date.

i want to apply this month  to spend my birthday this Dec  and christmas there with my boyfriend and with his family,and will come back  in the Philippines on my mother's birthday .What evidence i can show them that i will come back in the philippines.

this is the docs i submitted .bio page of my passport,bank certificateion,history travels,birth certificate on my behalf plus the supporting docs from my boyfriend.

what other docs to submitted that shows that i am a genuine visitor? can you please tell me what are those docs that help my application?

there is a question of the form saying why you got refused do i need to put same reason on my letter.

Hi ronA_crisna,

You’re lucky that you were successful in your four times TV application. Here in our country, lots of "finger crossed" when someone is in their fourth TV application because Immi will really have suspicious thoughts to this. Just always remember that we come from a high risk country. I think the more times you come to Aust, it may get harder to justify your intention of being a genuine tourist .

I have read your post from other topic asking also for help in this matter. I think Immi is right with their decision because you arrived here in Philippines last August and applied TV for your next visit last Sept. It's too early, my friend. This situation really affects your recent application because for me, it's no longer a tourist visit. I have friends who were granted TV recently and they will visit Aust for the fourth time and it's not easy to apply and to prove that the intention is for tourism only. My friends were also sponsored by their bf. The visa will be granted base on our personal circumstances,and how we express our intention in our letter with supporting docs.

Since it's your fifth time to visit Aust, I am also not sure if they will grant you a TV because when you say, you have a boyfriend there, sponsoring your trip and other expenses, I am also expecting that your relationship grew when you had your previous visits and you must moved on to the next level of visa app. How come you're still applying for a tourist visa? Why not try to apply fiance visa? Your fifth TV app creates suspicious thoughts to Immi.

I am also a Filipina but when it comes to relationship (I mean still boyfriend/girlfriend), TV is only good for first, second or third visit which is the intention is purely to visit tourist destination, to observe the place, the lifestyle and to meet bf's family and to be with the bf. Unless you're married with that guy, the reasons why you visit there again and again is strong and valid. In your letter, I suggest that you should also include your experiences from your previous visits. Does it help and strengthen the relationship? Your bf must be the one to visit you many times, not you going there again and again. If he is busy in his job, then include in your letter the reason why he can't visit you.

Will you please put here the reasons of your refusal so that other members can also help you?

By the way, the format of writing a refusal letter is just the same when you write a formal /application letter to someone who is in high position and you address your letter to the Consulate, Australian Embassy here in Philippines. You can see a letter in this forum posted by a member here. It's a letter of support to his gf app. It looks like that but what differ is.. your letter includes reasons of refusal.

One thing is, you are unemployed. I can say that there's still hope to be granted a TV. But be sure you state some reasons in your letter why you're unemployed. Did your bf support you financially? if so, then include some money transfer receipts in your visa app.

Ah, I think no strong ties and being unemployed are some issues of your visa refusal. There's a question in the app form saying why you got refused. Yes, you put same reasons in your letter and in your visa app.

Think of this my friend:

You arrived here in Phils from your vacation in Aust last August and apply TV on Sept for your next visit in the same country, do you think you have strong ties between you and your family or you and our mother country?

Honesty is the best policy. I hope this helped.

the reason cause i dont have enough evidence that i will be coming back to my country since i am unemplyed and they are worried that i will overstay in OZ.My boyfriend already booked a ticket to BALI this Nov.25 we spent there 1 week since my visa got refused so its waste of money can i include that to my letter that we booked a flight to Bali in my application?

Can anyone of my family can write a letter on my behalf or its alright that i will be the one to write a letter for my intention of going there this crhismas do yout think it help to my application.

I got refused last week and planning to apply next week so that i can get result early Dec. so that i can be there on christmas to spend my bf families.

What other documents that i can include that can help on my next application?

To my letter for the refusal visa what should i put please give me an example?

Do i need to put all the money reciept or i can just put 2 receipt is that would be enough ?

I think I have already answered your questions.

If you want an example on how to write a letter, then it's best for you to post your refusal letter here.

To spend Christmas holidays in Aust with your bf is an honest and good reason for your TV app but you need to prove that you're a genuine visitor. 

I think it's best to stay at home, spend quality time with your family so that you can create strong ties with them. Let your bf come here and spend his Christmas with you and your family.

Another option here is...you can approach a visa agent to do TV app for you. Visa grants really depends on the circumstance of the applicant.Good luck.

Hi everyone. Before booking a round trip ticket, I would like to know if it would be fine to move the dates/days of my travel, not the same as what I have written in my visa app proposed travel dates? My (3 month)TV expires on April 2016. Thank you.

Your visa grant will state the date which is the earliest you can arrive in Australia.  It will also state when you must leave.

As long as your flights are within these dates you are good.

Arrive too early, or stay too long and you may not get another visa)

Sigh, is Australian Immi requirements that complex?  Or is the world stupid?

Disclaimer:

Hi JaiDee,

Thank you for your reply.

I was just asking about this matter because I have heard that some passengers here in our country have this 'hassle' experienced because when they reached Immi, there were lots of questions being asked to them where in fact these three docs, passport, visa grant, plane ticket, are complete and valid.

So, this incident which I observed is the reason why I raised such kind of inquiry.

By the way..please use polite approach/words instead of saying like this:

"Arrive too early, or stay too long and you will go to hell in a handbag. (aka, not get another visa).."

Hi JaiDee,

"Arrive too early, or stay too long and you will go to hell in a handbag. (aka, not get another visa).."

Disclaimer:

Ah okay..

Remember, we are in the forum. People came from different country and from different culture.

People from other countries(including myself) were trying to ask advises/queries from this forum

by using universal/professional approach. so, I think, impolite expressions are not applicable here.

Hi JaiDee,

Thank you for your reply.

I was just asking about this matter because I have heard that some passengers here in our country have this 'hassle' experienced because when they reached Immi, there were lots of questions being asked to them where in fact these three docs, passport, visa grant, plane ticket, are complete and valid.

So, this incident which I observed is the reason why I raised such kind of inquiry.

I considered not responding to your comment, but I took exception in your case.

I took some offence to your comments, and I quote, "By the way..please use polite approach/words instead of saying like this:  "Arrive too early, or stay too long and you will go to hell in a handbag. (aka, not get another visa).."

I will explain why.

In responding to your question, I was,  and are still trying to provide genuine help to anyone who asks. Regardless of the language used, you should respect that.  Its pretty poor form in my culture to thank someone for their free advice then criticise their presentation.  Why would you say such a thing?  Where you really that offended?   Why do you feel you have the right to lecture an Australian about cultural politeness on an Australia Forum?  

As for what I said, the term "Hell in a Handbag" is Australian Slang, and If it offended you then I apologise.  Its a term to poignantly describe how a situation can degrade quickly.  Australian English (sic) is a colourful language, and we use many far more challenging terms in everyday life.  If you visit here you will understand this.  I apologise in advance if my fellow countrymen offend you.

Now to add to your question about being 'hassled' by Immigration Officers on arrival.  Australian Immigration officers do not hassle people, they follow pre-defined, legitimate and professional lines of inquiry, to execute their role to protect our Borders.  Yes, these Officers are diligent and thorough, and often tough, they take great pride in their work and truly believe in their job.  In Australia, being professional and thorough in your vocation is considered an virtue..  

Let me say this, if you lay this attitude of yours in front of an Australian Immigration Officer, then I would dearly suspect you situation will  go to hell in a handbag very promptly.  

Take a moment to understand and respect other peoples cultures. There is another Australian Slang term we often use to describe people like you, and its 'wanker'.

Disclaimer:

Hi, 

I want to travel to Australia in july, I am still working on my visitor visa. I have so far in my application that I will be self funded. I have  2000 AUD but I am thinking that showing only my bank accounts will not be enough. I wrote in my application that I will show my bank account and pay slips. should i just submit my bank accounts? and how can i prove that my boyfriend who lives in Australia will also help me? can he just explain all this in a letter? If i want to submit proofs like pictures with my family here in the USA and pictures with my boyfriend, where do i submit them? or these kinds of proofs are taken with me when they grant me with an interview?

and i case they give me an interview, what should i take with me? 

I would appreciate your help,

Thank you