EGtraveler

Refused Visitor Visa To Australia - Any Suggestions?

Hi all,

I applied for an Australian visa 600, to spend my vacation on the 2016 new year's eve and spend two weeks there, I am an Egyptian guy working in Saudi Arabia, do you find any suggestions on that situation?

I really wanted to spend my vacation there and then get back to Saudi.

I provided a bank statement with around 22K USD$, and I am already employed.

Hints: 1- I was refused a US B1/B2 visa two weeks before applying for AU.

2- Those two trials were my first to go anywhere for tourism purposes.

Refusal Reasons by AU - 600 visa type:-

Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that the applicant meet clause 600.211 of the Regulations for the following reasons.

I have considered the applicant’s personal and employment circumstances, however on balance, I am not satisfied that this provides him the significant incentives to depart

The environmental factors in the applicant’s home country are relevant to the assessment of his application. Policy guidelines indicate that the existence of civil disruption (including war, lawlessness or political upheaval) as well economic disruption (including shortages, famine, or high levels of unemployment, or natural disasters) in the applicant's home country is a relevant factor in determining incentives to depart Australia. I am not satisfied the applicant’s current personal circumstances and general conditions in his home country provide incentives for him to depart Australia at the end of his proposed visit.

The applicant has not demonstrated that he previously travelled to a country comparable to Australia where there would be significant incentives for him to remain and have complied with the immigration laws.

I am not satisfied that the applicant’s intended travel to Australia is reasonable and consistent with tourism taking in to account that he neither have relatives nor contacts in Australia, and there was no international travel for tourism purposes.

Thanks

Hi all,

I applied for an Australian visa 600, to spend my vacation on the 2016 new year's eve and spend two weeks there, I am an Egyptian guy working in Saudi Arabia, do you find any suggestions on that situation?

I really wanted to spend my vacation there and then get back to Saudi.

I approvided a bank statement with around 22K USD$, and I am already employed.

Hints: 1- I was refused a US B1/B2 visa two weeks before applying for AU.

2- Those two trials were my first to go anywhere for tourism purposes.

Refusal Reasons by AU - 600 visa type:-

Based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that the applicant meet clause 600.211 of the Regulations for the following reasons.

I have considered the applicant’s personal and employment circumstances, however on balance, I am not satisfied that this provides him the significant incentives to depart

The environmental factors in the applicant’s home country are relevant to the assessment of his application. Policy guidelines indicate that the existence of civil disruption (including war, lawlessness or political upheaval) as well economic disruption (including shortages, famine, or high levels of unemployment, or natural disasters) in the applicant's home country is a relevant factor in determining incentives to depart Australia. I am not satisfied the applicant’s current personal circumstances and general conditions in his home country provide incentives for him to depart Australia at the end of his proposed visit.

The applicant has not demonstrated that he previously travelled to a country comparable to Australia where there would be significant incentives for him to remain and have complied with the immigration laws.

I am not satisfied that the applicant’s intended travel to Australia is reasonable and consistent with tourism taking in to account that he neither have relatives nor contacts in Australia, and there was no international travel for tourism purposes.

Thanks

It is very hard to comment on individual cases, as we don't have a detailed knowledge of the background of the applicant and what was submitted with the tourist visa application.

Can you provide these details, without including any personal identifying information.

Signature.gif

It is very hard to comment on individual cases, as we don't have a detailed knowledge of the background of the applicant and what was submitted with the tourist visa application.

Can you provide these details, without including any personal identifying information.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I don't get what kind of info you ask me to provide.. if you can ask them and I'll respond to them..

I am single male, civil engineer, I only provided the application along with : Bank Statements (in Saudi and in Egypt) - Work Contract in Saudi - Employment Letter in Saudi.

Regards

HELLO , I APLLIED FOR PMV VISA ON AUGUST 2013 THEN APLLIED FOR TOURIST VISA ON 5 SEPTEMBRE 2014 AND GET THE TOURIST VISA AND WENT TO AUSTRALIA ON 10 OCTOBER THEN GET APRROVED FOR MY PMV VISA WHEN I WAS THERE .... BUT AFTER ME AND MY FIANCE HAD SOME PROBLEM AND WE DECIDE TO NOT CONTINUE OUR RELATION FROM NOW MORE GOOD THEN AFTER , AND I DECIDE TO BACK TO LEBANON ON 5 DECEMBER 2014 ...

I DIDNT SEE SO MUCH AUSTRALIA WHEN I WAS THERE , I HAD MY AUNTY AND MY UNCLE AND ALL MY FAMILY MUM THERE SO I WOULD LOVE TO APLLY FOR TOURIST VISA VERY SOON  AND GO TO MY AUNTY HOUSE AND SEE AUSTRALIA MORE ... MY QUESTION IS :

DID I HAVE ANY PROBLEM FOR MY TOURIST VISA IN MY CASE WHAT HAPPEN TO ME ? 

hi mate... sorry your pmv did not work... but in my opinion if you complied with all the visa contitions.. the tourist and the pmv then there should be no real worry with the new tourist visa.. BUT immigration will need to be very very sure you will go home at the end of your visa time. you have many family here so that maybe a problem for them to think you will want to stay here.

so you must be sure to explain why you must return home... that you only want to see australia because you did not have time before and offer to pay any "bond" they might ask (they will not ask you to pay a bond but it can not hurt your case to offer)

but the things to remember... you got a tourist visa before.. and the pmv.. so this is positive.

good luck

to EG.... sorry just my opinion.. not everyone from every country will be granted a visa. sometimes countries and the people from those countries suffer hardships and turmoil. at this time your home country is having these problems and so it is difficult for aust immigration to aprove the visa...

remember immigration must ask themself "will this person go home 100%" when the visa finished. from all the answer they say to you they do not think the chance is 100%. so look at each part..

they say you have no proven tourist history.. so maybe you can go travel another country first to get a history

your work.. from what you say it seems ok.. but how long have you worked there? what is your position in the company? management engineer?

do you own property?

your family ties?

you have no contacts in australia? you do not know anyone so this is a problem.. even if you get a visa you need to understand that immigration at the airport can stop it.. not knowing someone.. who can support you here, help with living, transport is a big problem

but from what they say it really seems that some countries are at this time not considered for a visa.. i am sure that when things become better in your home country you will have more chance

please understand these are my opinions based on your post and my own experiences..

good luck

HELLO , I APLLIED FOR PMV VISA ON AUGUST 2013 THEN APLLIED FOR TOURIST VISA ON 5 SEPTEMBRE 2014 AND GET THE TOURIST VISA AND WENT TO AUSTRALIA ON 10 OCTOBER THEN GET APRROVED FOR MY PMV VISA WHEN I WAS THERE .... BUT AFTER ME AND MY FIANCE HAD SOME PROBLEM AND WE DECIDE TO NOT CONTINUE OUR RELATION FROM NOW MORE GOOD THEN AFTER , AND I DECIDE TO BACK TO LEBANON ON 5 DECEMBER 2014 ...

I DIDNT SEE SO MUCH AUSTRALIA WHEN I WAS THERE , I HAD MY AUNTY AND MY UNCLE AND ALL MY FAMILY MUM THERE SO I WOULD LOVE TO APLLY FOR TOURIST VISA VERY SOON  AND GO TO MY AUNTY HOUSE AND SEE AUSTRALIA MORE ... MY QUESTION IS :

DID I HAVE ANY PROBLEM FOR MY TOURIST VISA IN MY CASE WHAT HAPPEN TO ME ? 

hi mate... sorry your pmv did not work... but in my opinion if you complied with all the visa contitions.. the tourist and the pmv then there should be no real worry with the new tourist visa.. BUT immigration will need to be very very sure you will go home at the end of your visa time. you have many family here so that maybe a problem for them to think you will want to stay here.

so you must be sure to explain why you must return home... that you only want to see australia because you did not have time before and offer to pay any "bond" they might ask (they will not ask you to pay a bond but it can not hurt your case to offer)

but the things to remember... you got a tourist visa before.. and the pmv.. so this is positive.

good luck

HOPE THAT MATE , YES I WILL OFFER TO PAY BOND IF THEY ASK AND I AM WORKING NOW IN A COMPANY SO I WILLTAKE A PAPER FROM THE COMAPNY THAT PROVE I AM WORKING HERE AND I HAVE TO COME BACK  ... YOU THINK I NEED MORE PAPER ? 

to EG.... sorry just my opinion.. not everyone from every country will be granted a visa. sometimes countries and the people from those countries suffer hardships and turmoil. at this time your home country is having these problems and so it is difficult for aust immigration to aprove the visa...

remember immigration must ask themself "will this person go home 100%" when the visa finished. from all the answer they say to you they do not think the chance is 100%. so look at each part..

they say you have no proven tourist history.. so maybe you can go travel another country first to get a history

your work.. from what you say it seems ok.. but how long have you worked there? what is your position in the company? management engineer?

do you own property?

your family ties?

you have no contacts in australia? you do not know anyone so this is a problem.. even if you get a visa you need to understand that immigration at the airport can stop it.. not knowing someone.. who can support you here, help with living, transport is a big problem

but from what they say it really seems that some countries are at this time not considered for a visa.. i am sure that when things become better in your home country you will have more chance

please understand these are my opinions based on your post and my own experiences..

good luck

Thank you so much for your reply.

That's what I am thinking of, to go for my tourism plan with another easier country.

I work as Civil Construction Engineer, and I was working for 3 years with a company and then left to another one (the current one) for 8 months the time I applied for AUS visa. Both jobs were in the same country, Saudi.

I don't have property myself, just bank accounts, but we have our own house and land in Egypt (my home country), and I have only my mom and sister, since my dad died long time ago, but they live in Egypt now while I am working in Saudi...

How can I use all of my family conditions to support my ties? and how can I prove all that through papering? if you can help.

Also, in fact, I have a male friend in Sydney who is Egyptian/Australian... I didn't include or mention his name, because some people might say that knowing someone there may let them think that this person might help you settle there and you won't get back home after your visit, what do you think?

And thank you again!

fnajjar : i think you need to provide all the work papers you can including a personal letter from your boss explaining you are.. a required worker in that company.. that you have official leave from the company.. that the boss knows you and can explain your work ethic and character.

also i would like (if i was immigration) to see some correspondance between you and your family about australia.. about your work.. your changing companies and the reasons ie: to get further promotion.. better furure etc (this will show your future is NOT in australia) also some things your family want to show you about australia.. please not  "we miss you so much and want you here" get it?

i think YOU should offer a bond if immigration need it... "I am able to deposit any bond that maybe required to support my visa application"..... something like this i think will be ok. dont wait for them to ask you.

good luck

EG.... hmm i have always told immigration more than they want and never had a problem.. so you have a friend in australia then yes i would definately tell them. also as a friend you should have correspndance you can provide immi with. general knowledge of each other, what to do in australia, your work situation, future plans that show you have no intention of overstaying the visa.

your family property in egypt is maybe irrelevant as you have chosen not to live there due to work reasons. but i see no harm in including information about this. maybe you can include family pictures and reasons you went to saudi to work.. to help your family and include your full work history, work proof, wages etc a full time line since you started working. try to prove your character beyond just a police report.(refer my above post for work ideas)

include your future plans.. show they are not related to staying in australia.. and your motivation to return to your saudi job..

but in the end immi must follow 1 main rule... will you return home? not easy to prove.. but you can try to convince them.  dont give up and do your planning and research fully before your next attempt.. afterall you already came here to marry so i dont think all hope is lost just for a tourist visa..

good luck

EG.... hmm i have always told immigration more than they want and never had a problem.. so you have a friend in australia then yes i would definately tell them. also as a friend you should have correspndance you can provide immi with. general knowledge of each other, what to do in australia, your work situation, future plans that show you have no intention of overstaying the visa.

your family property in egypt is maybe irrelevant as you have chosen not to live there due to work reasons. but i see no harm in including information about this. maybe you can include family pictures and reasons you went to saudi to work.. to help your family and include your full work history, work proof, wages etc a full time line since you started working. try to prove your character beyond just a police report.(refer my above post for work ideas)

include your future plans.. show they are not related to staying in australia.. and your motivation to return to your saudi job..

but in the end immi must follow 1 main rule... will you return home? not easy to prove.. but you can try to convince them.  dont give up and do your planning and research fully before your next attempt.. afterall you already came here to marry so i dont think all hope is lost just for a tourist visa..

good luck

I am grateful! Thank you! 

A formal letter from your employer that can be verified (phone call) is always helpful.  The letter should state your position, how much leave you are entitled to, and the importance of your position in the company, and that your employer is expecting you back on a certain date.

But, from what I know (little :-) Immi is placing you in a very high risk category.

Car leases, credit cards, house lease, anything that demonstrates you will return.

Another option is to appeal and request a very short stay, say 1 week.  As a trial. Then (assuming you return home) you have proven yourself and are a lower risk.  The logic here is that it takes some weeks for a visitor to establish themselves with an illegal job, etc.  So a short stay visa is likely to encourage you home.

If things are as bad as we hear in Turkey, you can always apply as a refugee.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.