17 replies to this topic

#1 satishkumarr

satishkumarr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Hi All,

My brother [PR holder] and I [citizen of Australia] have been living in Australia for well over 10 years along with our families. My brother and I are the only children for my parents.

We are from an Indian origin. 3 years ago my dad passed away. After this, we were bringing our mother to Australia on a Visitor Visa in the hope that she could spend sometime with us and the remaining time in India. This worked ok for us for 2 years. This year we have taken the decision that it is best if mom spends a more significant time with us rather than in India.

I have been reading various forums and the immigration wesbsite and noted that as a first step prior to any long term visa solution, I would have to apply for removal of Condition 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY.

Assuming, I am successful, with this, I would like to apply for a visa that gives mother the freedom to stay with us as long as she wishes without any travel restrictions [Her current Visitor visa has condition 8558 - MAXIMUM 12 MONTHS STAY IN 18 MONTHS ].

Below are some of the visa options I have with me. I would like to seek advice on which of the below visa options I should choose and any pros or cons:
- Contributory parent visa (subclass 143)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115)
- Parent visa (subclass 103)
- Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835)
- Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)

PS: My mother's age is 64.

Appreicate your feedbacks and responses.

Thanks,
Satish
  • CEO likes this

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

Go in and talk to Immigration.  They are genuinely helpful.  Lay it all out and they can suggest the best option.

They are not the enemy.

#3 govindareddy

govindareddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

Hi All

i have also same problem, can you please help us.

#4 satishkumarr

satishkumarr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

Hi Govind,

After considerable research and talking to immigration and a few immigration lawyers, I have decided to go in for contributory parent visa. It has to be lodged offshore unless you are able to remove the 'No further stay' clause. Immigration wouldn't recommend the option for me to remove the clause for our circumstances. It  has to be really exceptional such as a medical/family emergency.

If you need any other information, fee free to ask.

#5 musk

musk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

Hi Govind,

After considerable research and talking to immigration and a few immigration lawyers, I have decided to go in for contributory parent visa. It has to be lodged offshore unless you are able to remove the 'No further stay' clause. Immigration wouldn't recommend the option for me to remove the clause for our circumstances. It has to be really exceptional such as a medical/family emergency.

If you need any other information, fee free to ask.

Hi,

My mother-in-law is currently in Australia. She has a 3 year visa with the same condition 12 months stay in 18 months.

Could you please explain what is contributary parent visa.

Thanks in advance.

#6 satishkumarr

satishkumarr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:37 PM

Hi,

Contributor parent visa is where you would act as a sponsor for your mother-in-law. This visa is granted in approx 1.5 to 2 years [as per the current waiting periods]. This involves depositing 10k as Assurance of Support for 10 years [refundable] and either :

• a one time payment of approx 45K to get a Direct PR
  • Temp PR for 2 years with payment of approx 30K and before the expiry period of 2 years, you have to apply for the PR paying approx 20K

Good luck

#7 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

In a word,   expensive.

#8 musk

musk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

Contributor parent visa is where you would act as a sponsor for your mother-in-law. This visa is granted in approx 1.5 to 2 years [as per the current waiting periods]. This involves depositing 10k as Assurance of Support for 10 years [refundable] and either :

• a one time payment of approx 45K to get a Direct PR
  • Temp PR for 2 years with payment of approx 30K and before the expiry period of 2 years, you have to apply for the PR paying approx 20K
Good luck

Thanks for reply..

Yes aussiedude its very expensive!!

#9 Visavisavisa

Visavisavisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, my mum is on Visitor visa (subclass 600) which expires in late 2018. I really need her to help me out with a newborn baby. I'm just wondering can I apply the same visa again in 2019 when the current one expired?

I've also applied Parent visa (subclass 103) but I expect to wait for 10 years or even more, I can't afford to pay for the contributory parent visa.

#10 satishkumarr

satishkumarr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

Hi Newbie,

If your mom is already in Aus, the max she can stay is 12 months in an 18 month period. Once her visitor visa expires and she has stayed out for 6 months, she can return back with a new visitor visa, so, yes she can apply for a new visa.

Good luck

#11 Visavisavisa

Visavisavisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for the information

#12 CatalinaGr

CatalinaGr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHamburg Allermohe

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Whoa a lot of useful information!

my website - Naija news website

#13 Visavisavisa

Visavisavisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

Hi Satishkumarr,

I get confused sometime with the condition of "max 12 months stay in 18 months period". My mother's visa granted in November 2015, does it mean the 18 period start counting when she has her visa granted? If so she has to leave in May 2017, during this 18 months she can have multiple entry to Australia but can only stay in total of 12 months.

I'm trying to answer my question, I hope I'm making it 😉

Thanks

#14 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

The visa stay starts from the day the person FIRST arrives.

She has a multiple entry 12 month visa.  Meaning she can stay for a TOTAL of 12 months during an 18 month period starting from the day she arrives.  Yes she can only stay 12 months.

BUT, consider the other criteria (Must arrive before date, etc)

#15 Visavisavisa

Visavisavisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:17 AM

Thanks a lot

#16 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

YMW

#17 Deven

Deven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

hi,

My mother got 3 years visitor  visa

started on 27th november 2014  till 27 november 2017

she visited to australia on jan 1st 2016 to nov 5th 2016 .Total stayed for 10 months and 3 days. 

Q1 = Now for how long she has to stay in india to go back again to australia so she can stay there for another 1 year. 

Q2 =  Visa valid till nov 27th 2017 . What does it mean ?.... she has to enter australia before that date or she has to leave australia before that date.

please help........

Thanks

#18 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

On the visa, or lookup VEVO it will state the key information.  Max stay per visit.  Must not arrive after (date), Total of xx months in a 12 month period onshore.

Every visa can be different.  Get the conditions of your visa through VEVO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visa, mother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users