* * * * * 1 votes

Looking For A House With A Decent Neighborhood And Cheap Rents!

rental apartment melbourne

1 reply to this topic

#1 vrahul1984

vrahul1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:07 PM

Hey there!

Just about to move to Melbourne. Pretty excited, but also a bit scared because haven’t had a chance to finalize a residence. As I was going through www.nationmaster.com/n/, I found a detailed info about all the areas and the types of properties. The info seemed pretty much legit to me, but since I’m going to a new place and that too, with the family, I don’t want to leave anything to chance.

I have searched on www.savills.com.au and www.homepriceguide.com.au as well, but things are cluttered there. At this moment of time, I just want to see the information that matters to me the most. Coming alone is OK as I can manage things on my own, but with family, things get a whole lot different. With small kids in the house, their safety and education is the top priority, so I don’t want to select a property that has an unwelcome neighborhood.

I want a decent house with a friendly neighborhood. I have also checked that there are some paid sites as well, which provide reports. I don’t know what difference they have in their reports because it is all about the statistics for that matter. I don’t want to pay $50 bucks for a report when sites are offering it for free. The site www.nationmaster.com/n/ has covered all the stats, so if a couple of individuals back me on the info mentioned on the website, then I would buy a property without any further ado. If there is any other website with a better info, then please let me know.

• vrahul1984 likes this

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

domain.com.au  the preeminent real estate website n AU.

Skip the $50 fee and actually inspect the premises.

There are few 'unwelcome' neighbourhoods in either Sydney or Melbourne.  We are a small country.

Everyone gets it wrong for the first stay.  Wrong area, wrong style of house etc,  No worries,  sign a 6 month lease, get to know the city and move after 6 months.

Public schooling in Australia is only available to PR's.  If you live 'in area' for a specific school, you are guaranteed a placement.  

However, I assume you child is very young.  The actual school chosen only becomes an issue from Year 7 onwards.  I am sure many people will disagree with me, and I really dont care.

Any school in Australia, will provide a quality education.  But education is 50% school and 50% home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users